Daring to Trust: Opening Ourselves to Real Love and Intimacy
Check out these related products
- $14.20 List price $16.95Save $2.75
- $15.20 List price $16.95Save $1.75
- $14.24 List price $15.95Save $1.71
- $11.58 List price $14.95Save $3.37
- $6.30 List price $11.95Save $5.65
- $14.61 List price $15.95Save $1.34
- $21.09 List price $26.00Save $4.91
- $10.61 List price $16.00Save $5.39
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Explores the human ability to trust, and argues that people must develop trust in four directions, including toward themselves, toward others, toward life as it is, and toward a higher power or spiritual path in order to maintain healthy relationships and experience emotional well-being.
Most relationship problems are essentially trust issues, explains psychotherapist David Richo. Whether it's fear of commitment, insecurity, jealousy, or a tendency to be controlling, the real obstacle is a fundamental lack of trust--both in ourselves and in our partner.
"Daring to Trust" offers key insights and practical exercises for exploring and addressing our trust issues in relationships. Topics include:
- How we learn early in life to trust others (or not to trust them)
- Why we fear trusting
- Developing greater trust in ourselves as the basis for trusting others
- How to know if someone is trustworthy
- Naive trust vs. healthy, adult trust
- What to do when trust is broken
Ultimately, Richo explains, we must develop trust in four directions: toward ourselves, toward others, toward life as it is, and toward a higher power or spiritual path. These four types of trust are not only the basis of healthy relationships, they are also the foundation of emotional well-being and freedom from fear.
|Number of Pages:||211|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||July, 2011|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $5.70 List price $10.00Save $4.30
- $8.62 List price $15.00Save $6.38
- $7.38 List price $14.99Save $7.61
- $5.00 List price $9.99Save $4.99
- $5.36 List price $5.95Save $0.59
- $14.36 List price $24.99Save $10.63
- $9.85 Was $11.12Save $1.27
- $9.28 List price $14.95Save $5.67