Check out these related products
- $14.97 List price $16.95Save $1.98
- $12.63 List price $18.95Save $6.32
- $12.70 List price $17.95Save $5.25
- $19.96 List price $29.95Save $9.99
- $14.87 List price $16.00Save $1.13
- $14.02 List price $18.00Save $3.98
- $12.47 List price $17.00Save $4.53
- $16.82 Was $17.95Save $1.13
- $13.57 Was $14.60Save $1.03
- $14.97 List price $17.95Save $2.98
- $11.14 List price $17.00Save $5.86
- $16.05 Was $17.43Save $1.38
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
CRUSADE AGAINST THE GRAIL
The first English translation of the book that reveals the Cathar stronghold at Montsegur to be the repository of the Holy Grail
- Presents the history of the Papal persecution of the Cathars that lies hidden in the medieval epic "Parzival" and in the poetry of the troubadours
- Provides new insights into the life and death of this gifted and controversial author
"Crusade Against the Grail" is the daring book that popularized the legend of the Cathars and the Holy Grail. The first edition appeared in Germany in 1933 and drew upon Rahn's account of his explorations of the Pyrenean caves where the heretical Cathar sect sought refuge during the 13th century. Over the years the book has been translated into many languages and exerted a large influence on such authors as Trevor Ravenscroft and Jean-Michel Angebert, but it has never appeared in English until now.
Much as German archaeologist Heinrich Schliemann used Homer's "Iliad" to locate ancient Troy, Rahn believed that Wolfram von Eschenbach's medieval epic "Parzival "held the keys to the mysteries of the Cathars and the secret location of the Holy Grail. Rahn saw "Parzival" not as a work of fiction, but as a historical account of the Cathars and the Knights Templar and their guardianship of the Grail, a "stone from the stars." The Crusade that the Vatican led against the Cathars became a war pitting Roma (Rome) against Amor (love), in which the Church triumphed with flame and sword over the pure faith of the Cathars.
|Number of Pages:||229|
|Subject:||GRAIL , ALBIGENSES|
|Author:||Rahn, Otto , Jones, Christopher|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.