Consider these popular products
- $12.76 Was $13.70Save $0.94
- $10.39 List price $18.99Save $8.60
- $13.89 List price $18.00Save $4.11
- $17.96 List price $21.00Save $3.04
- $11.19 Was $12.51Save $1.32
- $13.94 Was $16.61Save $2.67
- $160.65 List price $189.00Save $28.35
Criminological Theories: Introduction, Evaluation, and Application
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Now in a new edition, Criminological Theories: Introduction, Evaluation, and Application offers a concise yet comprehensive review and appraisal of the leading theories of crime and criminal justice. Based on the widespread success of the first four editions, this popular resource has been updated and revised to reflect changes in the development, testing, integration, and application of essential criminological theories.
In clear, engaging language, authors Ronald L. Akers and Christine S. Sellers explore each principal criminological theory through the following in-depth analysis:
* Introduction: Presents a succinct exposition of the theory's central concepts, assertions, and hypotheses--including recent modifications and revisions
* Evaluation: Provides a detailed critique of the theory, with a focus on empirical validity
* Application: Extends the evaluation to determine each theory's relevance, as well as its potential for controlling and preventing crime and delinquency
To draw students into the material, the fifth edition incorporates a helpful new resource that provides an overview of every major theory of criminal and deviant behavior--Table 12.1. An invaluable pedagogical tool, this table directs students to the corresponding chapter for each theory; it also includes brief entries on each theory's major proponents, concepts, propositions, empirical validity, and policy implications. Encouraging students to carefully review--and thoughtfully compare--these theories, the table creates a dynamic connection between readers and the text.
Ideal for courses on theories of crime, delinquency, and deviance, Criminological Theories, Fifth Edition, also serves as an excellent supplement for courses in criminology, juvenile delinquency, deviance, and criminal behavior.
|Number of Pages:||401|
|Author:||Akers, Ronald A.|
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press, USA|
|Publication Date:||March, 2008|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.09 x 1.10 x 8.90 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.