Check out these related products
- $60.54 List price $64.95Save $4.41
- $31.46 List price $34.95Save $3.49
- $207.40 List price $285.00Save $77.60
- $49.19 Was $54.66Save $5.47
- $28.35 List price $30.95Save $2.60
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
CORPORATE POWER AND GLOBALIZATION IN US FOREIGN POLICY
More than a decade into the new millennium, the fusion of corporate and state power is the essential defining feature of US foreign policy. This edited volume critically examines the relationship between corporations and the US state in the development of foreign policies related to globalization.
Drawing together a wide range of contributors, this work explores the role of corporations in using US foreign policies to advance the interests of transnational capital in a wide range of contexts, including:
- how US government policies have contributed to the globalization of production and finance
- the ways in which transnational corporations have influenced the US relationship with China, a crucial linkage in the new era of transnational accumulation
- how transnational corporate power has shaped capital-labour relations, humanitarian intervention, structural adjustment policies, low-intensity democracy and the G20 summits
- the "corporate centrism" of the Obama Administration, whose policies have been consistent with the growing power of transnational capital in US foreign policymaking
- the politics and consequences of the embedded relationship between various sectors of the transnational capitalist class, global institutions and the US state, including the limits and contradictions of this relationship during the ongoing capitalist crisis.
This work will be of great interest to students and scholars of both US foreign policy and international political economy.
|Number of Pages:||213|
|Author:||Cox, Ronald W.|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.25 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $10.01 List price $13.99Save $3.98
- $15.95 List price $27.99Save $12.04
- $21.49 List price $30.00Save $8.51
- $19.44 List price $27.99Save $8.55
- $14.20 List price $20.00Save $5.80
- $16.34 List price $22.95Save $6.61
- $9.13 List price $16.00Save $6.87
- $12.82 Was $14.95Save $2.13
- $15.13 List price $15.95Save $0.82
- $17.75 List price $22.00Save $4.25