Similar items in stock
Top&Tech Coolmax HD-389-U2 Drive Enclosure External - Silver
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Make your hard drive more efficient with a CoolMax HD-389-U2 3.5" SATA external enclosure that's designed for optimal heat diffusion. It also protects your SATA drive from accidental damage. This 3.5" external hard drive enclosure and USB 2.0 port is specifically engineered for SATA drives with a capacity of up to 2TB, and since it supports data transfer speeds of up to 480Mbps, it's very well-suited for almost all medium and high-use environments. Its aluminum body is lightweight and durable while effectively keeping heat away from vital components, and its plug and play design means that there are no complex setup requirements. Since the 3.5" external enclosure is hot-swappable, your hard drive can keep operating while you replace the case. It's fully compatible with most popular operating systems, including Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)/98/SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista, and Mac OS 9.0 or above.
General InformationDon't be boggled down by overheated hard drives, slow data transfer rate, incompatible software, and hard to understand installations. Coolmax HD-389-U2 3.5" SATA aluminum enclosure has an aluminum cover that is designed for heat dissipation. This enclosure can hold your SATA hard drives of capacities up to 2 TB. It offers a USB 2.0 interface for back-up and data transfer at a rate of up to 480 Mbps. It is compatible with both Mac and PC operating systems. With easy to understand, plug and play features, this 3.5" aluminum enclosure delivers all that it promises.ControllersController Type:Serial ATA/300I/O ExpansionsNumber of Total Expansion Bays:1Number of 5.25" Bays:NoNumber of 3.5" Bays:1Number of 2.5" Bays:NoNumber of 2.5"/3.5" Bays:NoNumber of 1.8" Bays:NoInterfaces/PortsDrive Interface:Serial ATA/300Host Interface:USB 2.0Power DescriptionInput Voltage:110 V ACInput Voltage:220 V ACPower Source:AC AdapterPhysical CharacteristicsColor:SilverMaterial:AluminumForm Factor:ExternalHeight:1.2"Width:4.3"Depth:7.4"Weight (Approximate):8 ozMiscellaneousPackage Contents:
- HD-389-U2 Drive Enclosure
- Mounting Screws
- Screw Driver
- Plastic Stand
- Power Adapter
- USB Cable
|Volts:||AC 120/230 V|
|Compatible Devices:||Hard drive|
|Product Accessories Included:||Screwdriver , 1 x USB cable - external|
|Interface Type:||Serial ATA-300 , 1 x storage - Serial ATA-300 - 7 pin Serial ATA , Hi-Speed USB|
|Power Type:||Included AC adapter|
|Features:||Hot Plug and Play , Warranty: 1 Year Limited , System Requirements: PC, Mac , On/Off power switch , Data transfer rate: 480Mbps|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Size is determined by the hardrive you put into it.by missourilarrym4/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- This is an enclosure, not a drive.by somePhreak12/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is an enclosure into which you add your own hard drive. The capacity depends on the drive you choose to install. I was using a 1 terrabyte drive.by ProfessorBlues4/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It's just a HD case so only as many gb as u put in it .by WanderWallyWorld3/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Tingle42, This does not have any GB. This is an enclosure only and you have to supply the SATA HD.by Gustav263/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- it has 0. you have to put a hard drive in it.by thelilmike3/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- This is an enclosure. It doesn't have a drive in it. It makes an internal sata drive that you already have into an external one.by leavingthecat3/16/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This is merely a hard drive enclosure, and not an actual hard drive. It doesn't have ANY storage space at all. The main purpose of the item is to allow you to take a hard drive out of an older desktop, and connect it to your laptop or a new desktop in order to retrieve the files and data from the hard drive. Essentially it converts your hard drives SATA connection to a more accessible USB connection. Hope this helps! Grunsby Grunspreke1/26/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Enclosure is aluminum. Finned outer body will help dissipate heat, but no forward vents or rear venting I would give it a couple inches around the case for safety measure. Seats well inside body with front and rear drive cushioning. I didn't notice it being noisy at all.by seaspraying3/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it is made of aluminum, Use the stand with it and it'll be fine, this will prevent overheating from occuring, but I wouldn't leave it on 24/7. No rattling around either.by missourilarrym2/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The enclosure is actually aluminum. Had it worked, it seemed as if it would have been stable and quiet -- a nice, tight fit.by ProfessorBlues8/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is made of very lightweight plastic. Haven't used it enough to know how hot it gets but the hard drive screws into the case so it can't rattle and I have not heard any noises coming from it at all.by 8frugalshopper83/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- #1. The main body is cast aluminum w/ thin plastic end caps. #2. yes it get hot & loud 1/2 hour data transfer it gets real hot and i get errors /crash.... IMO good for data rescue ONLYby WanderWallyWorld4/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The unit is made of aluminum. It does warm up, but doesn't get hot. Maybe it's because the aluminum helps dissipate the heat like a heat sink, I think. I have never had any problem with noise. For these reasons, I gave this unit 5 stars. I'm glad I bought it instead of the more expensive ones elsewhere.by kwokman8/18/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it is Aluminium It gets warm but not hot The case does not rattle and mine does not make any signicant noise when runningby VPO722K4/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- MizzTree, This is made of aluminum with plastic end caps. I have this running all the time - 2 to 3 months now and have not noticed it to be the slightest bit hot. It does get warm though as expected considering there is no fan but by no means is it "hot." To you last question, there is not noise to this enclosure. Most of the time I have to feel it to make sure it is still running because of how quiet it is. Hope this helps.by Gustav264/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes. I'm also using Windows 7 on both a 32 bit and 64 bit laptops.by missourilarrym2/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, but any drive you place into this eclosure, windows would format as soon as you hook it up.by somePhreak3/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes if the HD put inside is the proper format it is Plug'nPlayby WanderWallyWorld10/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes that is what i used it onby thelilmike4/6/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have Windows 7 and this thing connected without a hitch. So absolutely, yes. Grunsby Grunspreke2/10/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. I am.by microlloyd2/3/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- $16.99 Was $19.99Save $3.00
- $63.00 Was $66.99Save $3.99