Cleaning House: A Mom's Twelve-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement
Customers also viewed these products
- $12.49 Was $13.62Save $1.13
- $14.63 Was $15.51Save $0.88
- $12.12 Was $13.14Save $1.02
- $11.08 List price $15.95Save $4.87
- $6.00 List price $7.99Save $1.99
Check out these related products
- $9.86 List price $15.00Save $5.14
- $12.68 Was $13.37Save $0.69
- $10.64 Was $11.74Save $1.10
- $14.23 List price $17.00Save $2.77
- $13.60 Was $14.40Save $0.80
- $9.08 List price $13.99Save $4.91
- $12.38 List price $14.99Save $2.61
- $13.85 List price $16.00Save $2.15
- $12.74 List price $14.99Save $2.25
- $10.43 List price $15.00Save $4.57
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Recounts the author's year-long quest to teach her children responsibility and teamwork and curb their attitude of entitlement by assigning them such tasks as grocery shopping, making their beds, throwing a party, and refinishing a deck chair.
"Is Your Home Out of Order?"
Do your kids expect clean folded clothes to magically appear in their drawers? Do they roll their eyes when you suggest they clean the bathroom? By racing in to make their lives easy, have you unintentionally reinforced your children's belief that the world revolves around them?
Dismayed at the attitude of entitlement that had crept into her home, Kay Wyma got some attitude of her own. "Cleaning House "is her account of a year-long campaign to introduce her five kids to basic life skills and the ways meaningful work can increase earned self-confidence and concern for others.
With irresistible humor and refreshing insights, Kay candidly details the ups and downs of equipping her kids for such tasks as making beds, refinishing a deck chair, and working together. The changes that take place in her household will inspire you to launch your own campaign to dislodge your kids from the center of their universe.
""If you want your children to be more responsible, more self-assured, and more empathetic, "Cleaning House "is for you.""
--Jim Daly, president of Focus on the Family
|Number of Pages:||278|
|Author:||Wyma, Kay Wills , Gurian, Michael|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||May, 2012|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $11.97 Was $13.85Save $1.88
- $11.91 List price $15.95Save $4.04
- $16.83 List price $19.95Save $3.12
- $13.93 Was $16.73Save $2.80
- $8.45 List price $9.95Save $1.50
- $10.48 List price $16.95Save $6.47
- $9.72 List price $14.00Save $4.28
- $6.75 List price $10.00Save $3.25
- $6.36 List price $7.48Save $1.12
- $13.10 List price $16.99Save $3.89
- $10.25 List price $15.99Save $5.74
- $12.71 List price $14.95Save $2.24