Customers also viewed these products
- $16.66 Was $17.85Save $1.19
- $20.36 List price $29.95Save $9.59
- $13.26 List price $17.00Save $3.74
- $10.44 Was $11.25Save $0.81
- $8.94 Was $9.96Save $1.02
- $21.99 List price $35.00Save $13.01
- $17.48 List price $21.00Save $3.52
- $13.12 Was $14.24Save $1.12
- $14.09 Was $15.79Save $1.70
Check out these related products
- $23.51 List price $32.00Save $8.49
- $21.69 List price $30.00Save $8.31
- $23.68 Was $25.45Save $1.77
- $23.30 Was $25.02Save $1.72
- $16.26 Was $17.67Save $1.41
- $14.45 Was $15.54Save $1.09
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Presents a collection of classic, old-fashioned desserts, updated for today's tastes, with advice on kitchen equipment, ingredients, and cooking techniques.
"More a story of the pleasures of real dessert-making than anything yet written."--M.F.K. Fisher
For this monumental collection, Richard Sax devoted more than a decade to searching out and perfecting more than 350 of the world's most beloved desserts, "the ones made at home by mothers and grandmothers rather than by professional pastry chefs." Every uncomplicated homespun classic is here: cobblers and crisps, cakes and cookies, puddings and souffles, pies and pastries, ice creams and sauces--nineteen chapters in all. Sax's versions are justifiably legendary among accomplished bakers: Traditional Two-Berry Buckle - Chocolate Cloud Cake - Bon Ton's New Orleans Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce - Reuben's Legendary Apple Pancake - Best-Ever Pumpkin Pie - Schrafft's Hot Fudge Sauce. Sidebars with every recipe--profiles of cooks, engaging recollections of favorite desserts, quotations from hundreds of literary works, and excerpts from old recipes--show how sweets are indelibly woven into the texture of our lives.
|Number of Pages:||648|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Richardson, Alan , Sax, Richard|
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.75 x 10.50 x 1.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $21.02 List price $30.00Save $8.98
- $11.48 Was $12.28Save $0.80
- $18.04 List price $29.95Save $11.91
- $21.08 List price $35.00Save $13.92
- $10.89 List price $11.99Save $1.10
- $10.66 List price $15.99Save $5.33