Check out these related products
- $8.17 List price $11.95Save $3.78
- $10.14 List price $11.95Save $1.81
- $9.07 List price $11.95Save $2.88
- $7.34 List price $9.95Save $2.61
- $75.74 Was $85.00Save $9.26
- $30.73 Was $36.95Save $6.22
- $30.73 Was $33.41Save $2.68
- $57.63 List price $67.00Save $9.37
- $11.33 List price $11.95Save $0.62
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
An introduction to chaotic behavior dynamics describes its behavior in both science and the real world.
Chaos exists in systems all around us. Even the simplest system can be subject to chaos, denying us accurate predictions of its behavior, and sometimes giving rise to astonishing structures of large-scale order. Here, Leonard Smith shows that we all have an intuitive understanding of chaotic systems. He uses accessible math and physics to explain Chaos Theory, and points to numerous examples in philosophy and literature that illuminate the problems. This book provides a complete understanding of chaotic dynamics, using examples from mathematics, physics, philosophy, and the real world, with an explanation of why chaos is important and how it differs from the idea of randomness. The author's real life applications include the weather forecast, a pendulum, a coin toss, mass transit, politics, and the role of chaos in gambling and the stock market. Chaos represents a prime opportunity for mathematical lay people to finally get a clear understanding of this fascinating concept.
About the Series: Combining authority with wit, accessibility, and style, Very Short Introductions offer an introduction to some of life's most interesting topics. Written by experts for the newcomer, they demonstrate the finest contemporary thinking about the central problems and issues in hundreds of key topics, from philosophy to Freud, quantum theory to Islam.
|Number of Pages:||180|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||CHAOTIC BEHAVIOR IN SYSTEMS|
|Author:||Smith, Leonard A.|
|Series Title:||Very Short Introductions|
|Publisher:||Oxford Univ Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.50 x 6.75 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $20.39 List price $29.99Save $9.60
- $28.68 List price $40.00Save $11.32
- $16.95 List price $21.95Save $5.00
- $13.28 List price $16.95Save $3.67
- $16.02 List price $25.00Save $8.98
- $11.08 List price $16.95Save $5.87
- $13.47 List price $16.00Save $2.53
- $13.75 Was $14.58Save $0.83
- $16.66 Was $17.70Save $1.04