This is the only book that can be considered as close to actual dog obedience training as Cesar has ever produced. This is an actual collection of combined knowledge about dogs and dog training from Cesar and other dog trainers. One thing I did not like is one trainer in the book who has in the past declared his dislike for Cesar Milan and than after people questioned him as to why he partook in the book if he does not like Cesar, the trainer stated that it was so he can teach Cesar a better way. To me that is just the height of arrogance. However it is not a reflection of Cesar Milan himself.
Cesar's Rules : Your Way to Train a Well-Behaved Dog
Arrives by Wed, Aug 19
Ships to San Leandro, 1919 Davis St
About This Item
- Ways to teach basic obedience commands sucha as sit, stay, and come
- The importance of balance, and why a well-trained dog does not necessarily mean a balanced one
- How to use your dog's own natural inclinations to create better behavior
- The methods and theories from a variety of renowned trainers, including Bob Bailey, Ian Dunbar, Joel Silverman, Martin Deeley, and Mark Harden
- Encouraging and honoring your dog's instincts
- And much more . . . Filled with practical advice, anecdotes, tips, and trouble-shooting techniques from Cesar and his colleagues, this is the ultimate guide to a well-behaved and well-balanced dog--from a new puppy to an old dog who can still learn new tricks.The dog training book you’ve been waiting for from the bestselling author and star of National Geographic Channel’s Dog Whisperer.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Cesar Millan shows you how to communicate well with your dog and shares the most effective and humane methods for teaching your dog how to be a happy, well-behaved member of your household. In Cesar’s Rules, he addresses:
• The most popular training techniques, including positive reinforcement and using a clicker
• Ways to teach basic obedience commands sucha as sit, stay, and come
• The importance of balance, and why a well-trained dog does not necessarily mean a balanced one
• How to use your dog’s own natural inclinations to create better behavior
• The methods and theories from a variety of renowned trainers, including Bob Bailey, Ian Dunbar, Joel Silverman, Martin Deeley, and Mark Harden
• Encouraging and honoring your dog’s instincts
• And much more . . .
Filled with practical advice, anecdotes, tips, and trouble-shooting techniques from Cesar and his colleagues, this is the ultimate guide to a well-behaved and well-balanced dog—from a new puppy to an old dog who can still learn new tricks.
|Number of Pages|
Melissa Jo Peltier, Cesar Millan
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
7.98 x 5.14 x 0.77 Inches
This is the only book ...
Cesar is wonderful
I love Cesar Millan. He knows what he is talking about and he always wants to better people and their pets with his knowledge.
Fast delivery - earlier then stated they would. The book is wonderful, informative and well written.
Cesars Rules is about...
Cesar's Rules is about how to train your well behaved dog. Ceasr tells us how to treat our dogs. How to punish, reward, and love your dog. He tells us stories about his childhood, him moving to America and trying to find a job. At a young age (around17), Cesar jumped from dog traing facilties to dog care centers. He realized that every dog that had been sent there to be trained, that plenty of them were anxious or unloved dogs. At the time, he could not doing anything about it because he just was the cage cleaner. I think the first two chapters will make you think differently about other animals. Not only is Cesars's story interesting, so are the dog's. They go through pain, laughter, joy just like us. Plenty of his stories involve an anxiety filled dog. As he tells us many things, we see it as if we are right in front of us, a great affect for the reader. He tells us as if we are him, we are the dog. This gives you a different perspective of our pets. When you finish, your heart seems bigger and warmer, which some people need.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question