Centon 128GB DataStick Sport USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Customers also considered
- Reduced Price$14.97 List price $40.22Save $25.25
- Rollback$29.17 Was $39.00Save $9.83
- $36.47 List price $169.00Save $132.53
- $17.99 Was $19.99Save $2.00
- $19.00 List price $32.99Save $13.99
- $13.28 List price $29.99Save $16.71
- $14.97 Was $29.00Save $14.03
- $28.00 Was $34.99Save $6.99
- Rollback$9.97 Was $12.97Save $3.00
- $13.99 List price $39.99Save $26.00
- from $219.57Save $179.43
- Rollback$53.00 Was $79.00Save $26.00
- $9.99 Was $11.99Save $2.00
- $5.99 Was $6.99Save $1.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Keep your data safe and sound with the Centon DataStick Sport 128GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive. This large-capacity device is encased in a waterproof and shock-absorbing silicon case that is designed to keep your documents and other data protected in all kinds of situations. The Centon flash drive has write speeds of up to 5Mbps and read speeds of up to 10Mpbs. With 128GB of storage, this device has enough space for almost anything that you need to have on hand. Use this waterproof flash drive with both PCs and Macs to store documents for work or pictures and videos for the family. Bring it with you where ever you go to share information, whether it is on a camping trip, to the gym or out on the lake.
Centon DataStick Sport 128GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive:
- Capacity: 128GB
- Read Speed: 5Mbps
- Write Speed: 10Mbps
- Waterproof up to 1.8 meters
- Shock-resistant silicone casing
- Centon flash drive works with PC and Mac
|Hard Drive Capacity:||128 Gigabytes|
|System Requirements:||Windows, Mac|
|Connector Type:||USB 2.0|
|Interface Type:||USB 2.0|
|Video Game Platform:||Playstation|
|Is Energy Star-Certified:||Y|
|Size:||2.47"L x 0.92"W x 0.34"D|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||S1-U2W1-128G|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||2.47 x 0.92 x 0.34 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- The Centon 128GB DataStick Sport does not feature any encryption or password protection. It can be added easily, however. Just visit http://www.centon.com/index.php/faq and search for the keyword 'password' under the FAQ Search box.by Centon Electronics12/22/2014Written by a verified representative from Centon ElectronicsWas this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, not to my knowledge. Since in the past, I have purchased Sandisk drives with this feature I am aware of question. This is just a 'plain Jane' or 'Plain Jim' portable storage device. No Bells. No Whistles.by charismalxw3/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- only if copied offline then stored in bank safety deposit box. lol !!!!!!by 968163/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, that is not the intent of the USB flash drive. You lose the device, you lose the data. Get something that has encryption built in. This is intended for general use, like storing movies, songs, pictures and others that you have copy somewhere else.by BarginShark4/15/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not the conventional way. You must get your Software/Hardware to see and access the device. This 128 GB Flash is not Accessible from my experience.by rescott20137/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This drive does not come with an encryption program.by BigTuffBuffandRuff7/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- only if you have the right softwareby nick2127/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to Centon's site, the indirect answer is no. They do make several different lines with varying encryption capabilities, but this appears to be their consumer non-encrypted line. Of course, encryption can be embedded within the file itself...by vizidocs1/13/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have seen this information posted on the walmart.com pages for Centon products, but in case it is not there, please see http://my.nanorep.com/widget/widget.html#account=centon&kb=13195578&referer=&onloadquestionid=31991378.by Centon Electronics5/2/2014Written by a verified representative from Centon ElectronicsWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There are several different formats for digital pictures - .png, .jpg, .tiff. Each type of format takes up a different size on a flash drive. However, a 128gb flash drive is pretty large - it's currently the biggest drive for the $. I can't give you an exact figure, but I'm willing to bet that you can save many hundreds, or maybe even thousands, of pictures on a drive of that size.by cjmountainman1/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I just loaded 6550 photos on the DataStick Sport and it looks like I could do ten times that.by rvgrasshoppers1/27/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- about 9000 picturesby cool227/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Don't use it to store pictures but have 30,643 songs on it and have 42 GB to go yet.by dDebnab1/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. How many years can you store pictures on this 128 GB Flash drive before they start to fade, or will they ever fade away. Have heard some last 10 yrs.
- Flash drives can have up to ten years of data longevity, but flash memory doesn’t usually degrade because of its age, but rather because of the number of write cycles, which means the more you delete and write new information, the more quickly the memory in the device will start to degrade. One bit of advice that you may have heard over and over is don't put all your eggs in one basket. In terms of data backup, this is especially key. Back up your data on multiple forms of media. In the event that something goes wrong with one backup device, you will have a safety net if you have redundant backups.by Centon Electronics4/22/2016Written by a verified representative from Centon ElectronicsWas this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I use my drives as backup and store them in my safety deposit box, and plan to change them out every five years, although they should last longer than that before going bad. I also make backup copies of everything on a different media, (external hard drive's, and DVD's) that way, if one goes bad, I will have another chance of recovery.by jeeptracks4/22/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Digital pictures stored on any kind of digital media, whether flash drives or hard drives, never "fade away". However, over time, it becomes harder to get computers to recognize a flash drive, especially when you upgrade your computer. I had an experience where a flash drive being used with Windows 7 crashed when I tried using it with Windows XP. So, I recommend you backup your pictures on a flash drive to a DVD or hard drive.by cjmountainman12/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Do not trust this drive. This is good for transferring files or temporary storage only. When it fails, it fails catastrophically. However, if it doesn't fail, 8-10 years is conceivable.by windskisong4/12/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Normally, flash drives will last as long as they are taken care of, kept clean, not exposed to excessive heat or cold, moisture, bent or damaged, and kept away from magnetic fields (magnets, checkout security device pads at checkouts, etc). The better flash drives actually carry warranties. They should last you many years if cared for properly. Data on the drive does not "fade" like a picture does.by Skeeter4264/22/2016Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- $28.00 Was $34.99Save $6.99
- $13.99 List price $39.99Save $26.00