Oh, this is the best product I have ever had. I don't know how it will work in the future, but for this first time, it was amazing above expectations. with black ink is very clear, while color ink is beautifully colored. There is also a scan function. for $ 35. Oh my God. Thanks Walmart, I am very happy with this shopping. (box was torn when it arrived, but it doesn't matter. machine inside is brand new)
About This Item
Canon PIXMA MG2522 All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer:
- Capacity of 60 sheets of plain paper
- Print, scan, copy
- Scanner maximum resolutions: optical, 600 x 1200 DPI
- Print speed up to: black, 8.0 Ipm2, color, 4.0 Ipm2
- All-in-one color inkjet printer is ideal for use in the home, office, dorm room and more
- Ink Compatibility:Fine ink cartridge & fill volume
PG-245 PGBK 8.0 ml (Std) / 12.0 ml (XL)
CL-246 Color 9.0 ml (Std) / 13.0 ml (XL)
PG-243 PGBK 5.6 ml
CL-244 Color 6.2 ml
Thank you Walmart, that's why I love Walmart most
Small but mighty
I didn't have high hopes for this product but it exceeded my expectations. My HP printer broke so this came just in time. I'm not a computer person but after a few minor issues setting it up (read the letter that comes with it for the model number) it was good to go. The Canon print quality was as good as the HP. The only draw back with the Canon is that it's not wireless. It has to be connected to your computer so you'll need space for both items on a desk/table because the cable isn't that long.
With school starting and my boys doing distant learning a printer was definitely needed. I've always been a fan of Canon products and was so glad to put the Canon Pixma MG2522. It came packaged good and easy to take out. The instructions was very simple and easy to understand. Setting it up only took a few minutes. I have used it numerous times & my teenagers has as well. Once showing them how to work it one time they have got the hang of it. They have printed papers for school from online and have scanned papers to send to their teachers. This is the easiest printer I have ever owned.
Great low budget printer!
it's a great printer for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a printer. Make sure you read the instructions carefully because it is an older model before Windows 10. It requires a special download that you must do but there is a video you can scan on the instructions to tell you what to do. Instructions are updated. Scans and goes to my computer well. Scans color photos well also. I will show you a video and some photos of that. If you do not know how to do downloads that require a couple of extra steps,Somebody that can do it for you then you might want to look for a plug and play model that is newer. If you can follow simple instructions, Then type in word for word “How to install MG 2500 printer By installing download manually” Into the YouTube search engine, you will see a video from a channel called Free printer support. It will show you step-by-step how to do this and you will know if this is something you can handle. If this helps you please market helpful. I would buy it again, and it's great for kids to see how they can handle their first printer. Works very well.PS I cannot show you the video Where I scanned a photo to show you how good it was. The file is too big.
This printer does a lot for the money if you are satisfied with an Inkjet printer. So far it has performed well. I have not had it long enough to evaluate how long it can sit unused before the ink cartridges dry up and need to be replaced but if you use it regularly that should not be an issue but cost of ink cartridges could then become an issue.
1. It prints well in black and color. I tested printing standard black text on standard paper and also photos on glossy photo and they looked great considering it was from an inkjet printer, of course it is not as good as an actual photo though.
2. Scan functionality worked well and allows you to scan to .png, .bmp, .xps, openxps, tiff and PDF. From 50 to 600 DPI.
3. The copier is super simple. There are two start buttons black and color. Just set your document on the glass(there is no document feeder) and press the button for whichever color you want. It seemed to be pretty fast too.
4. This is a pretty compact unit and is very light so it is very portable. Is it bigger than a breadbox you ask? The answer is NO!
5 The driver is petty standard for the most part but does also include some tutorials for cleaning rollers plates and print heads and setting to automatically have the printer on and off as well as a setting for quiet mode (read below for more info)
The not as good (not really bad enough to call "the bad"):
1. It is kind of noisy as some ink jets can be while cleaning and prepping the print heads and feeding the paper. The driver does have a quiet mode which can be turned on all the time or during scheduled hours that you can define.There must be a drawback to using this setting or it would not be off by default.
2. Set up was not too bad as long as you make sure you don't connect it to the computer until you are supposed to however I found the instructions to be a little unclear at a couple points and ended up plugging it in too soon and had to start over. Being an ink jet printer it also has to go through the print head alignment process which is not difficult but is another step to get it ready to print.
3. Just an FYI... in case you are wondering this is a manual duplexing unit only so if you need to print both sides of the paper you will need to carefully feed it through a second time making sure you orient it properly.
So to sum up, if you are looking for a small all in one ink jet unit from a reputable company on a budget this one should perform well for light regular duty (as long as you are not using it while the baby is sleeping).
Great Basic Printer/Scanner
This unit was a great addition to my high schooler's desktop computer.
Setup was as easy as snapping in 2 (included) ink cartridges, plugging the printer into the wall and the (included) USB cable into an open port on the computer. Windows 10 recognized it immediately and loaded the appropriate drivers and he was printing a test page in less than 10 minutes.
Now he is all set for the upcoming school year!
1. I have found that Canon products are always great quality
2. Easy setup, comes with all necessary cables and cartridges (many other brands make you buy USB cable separately)
3. Crisp clear printing/scanning at good resolution
4. Compact size and lightweight if you need mobility
1. Like every other printer in this segment they make their money on ink
If you are in the market for a quality compact printer/scanner the Canon PIXMA is a great choice. The ease of setup and portability set it apart from the competition!
Good printer for a student or someone on-the-go
The Canon PIXMA MG2522 comes with everything you need to get started, including a black and a color ink cartridge and 500 sheets of Canon multipurpose, 20 lb., 92 bright printer paper. The printer is light and easy to lift and carry. It is not wireless and comes with a cord included that runs between your computer/laptop and printer. I can see a student using this printer or someone using this on-the-go in an offsite work setting. A CD is included to provide easy setup. Once you run the program, you will see the Canon Quick Menu that will walk you through things like making photo collages or scanning documents. I set mine to a quiet setting because at first the printer was rather loud. I thought the print quality was wonderful for such an inexpensive printer, but I highly recommend buying the XL version of ink after using the provided cartridges. I ran out of the color ink while printing pictures while filming a demo. (For reference though, it was Klimt's The Kiss, so A LOT of color.) I received the Canon PIXMA MG2522 free to review as a member of the Spark Reviewer program.
Great quality printing
Canon PIXMA works great for simple printing needs. It's lightweight and easy to move around. It's small that it doesn't take up a lot of space. My daughter is using it in her room this year to print papers for school and it will work perfect for this purpose. The print quality of the pictures are really nice. I'm really impressed of how nicely everything that we have printed so far has looked. I also like that it has a scanner. There is not as many features as previous printers that I have owned and it is a wired printer so it can only print from a computer or a laptop but for someone that needs something simple for their printing needs this is perfect. So far we have no negative issues and my daughter is happy with it.
Sill figuring out
I would have to give this printer 3 stars.
I previously had an HP Deskjet 1050 j410 attached for my printing needs to my HP desktop. My HP printer was about 10 years old and thought that this would be a great improvement.
I initially thought the printer was great. It is a little loud when the printer starts to print and the mechanism "grabs" the paper, but once it starts the printing process it is pretty quiet. I think that the print quality is great. It can scan documents and photos, which I think that is a great and important feature to have on all printers.
I have had the printer for about three weeks now and use it occasionally. My current issue is that now whenever I go to print, it is causing a pop-up that states that the printer has disconnected and I need to run diagnostics to get my printer working. I haven't been able to "fix" this issue to where the pop-up doesn't happen. So that is why I have given the rating that I have.
My printer came with the USB cord. It seems like they have fixed this issue that many have complained about. The set up was pretty simple with the disc that was provided also.
Although my HP Deskjet is 10 years old I feel like it is superior to the Canon PIXMA MG2522. If you need a basic printer this could be the one, but it also could be a pain to use.
This is a simple, all-in-one printer/scanner/copier that seems like a really good deal. It is very easy to set up, the install was very easy and very quick. I have it up and printing in less than 30 minutes.
I have used it to print simple things. Mostly things I type up, and to-do lists, etc. Everything has always comes out great so far.. I have tried to print a few pictures with it they come out ok, but not perfect. You can see thin lines across each pic I have printed, and I have tried several different ways to print pictures but they all come out with thin light lines in them. So pirinting pictures its best to try a different printer. I'm sure a printer specializing in printing pictures would print much better looking photos, but I really cannot complain. Not bad at all. Really nice printer if you're printing out simple stuff! You really can't beat it for the price. I also like how the ink for this printer is really really cheap. So when I do need to get more I'm not spending an arm and a leg. For just a simple at home printer for basic printing needs this printer is great. This printer is NOT wireless. It is still an all around average, decent printer.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question