Pretty good deal overall, with a few gotchas. Probably the best deal around for a starter set.
- *almost* 300lbs of weight for very cheap
- The barbell is rated to 500lbs (I've used it w/ 400+lbs without issue)
- The 45lb plates are olympic size (~17.75"), which is surprisingly rare for budget plates and a big plus if you do ground lifts
- The bar is *not* 45lbs. It is ~40lbs with the clips on it. My solution is to always add an extra 2.5lbs to each side, but this gets annoying, especially since it means this is really only 295lbs total.
- The paint on the bar makes it very slick and the knurling sucks. My solution is to use chalk on almost all lifts.
- The center knurling is off center. I didn't realize this at first, and it was throwing me off. Since then, I painted a true center ring.
- The breaks in the knurling are difficult to feel and see, so I painted them as well.
- The collars didn't spin freely at first. Remove, clean, and grease fixed it.
- The weight plates are kind of crappy and really loose fitting.
Overall I found this to be a great deal and got my home gym started for cheap, but I wish I knew of the downsides for consideration before purchase.