This printer is just what I was looking for. I'm tired of paying for over priced ink cartridges for my HP printer. I rarely use color and just when I tried to print something with a little color in it the cartridges have dried up. If you don't use em you loose um and $50+or- as well. This Brother printer is very nice it can print out text docs. copy, scan and fax. without the need of a computer. I know most people fax through there computer but I'm old school and I like using a phone line to fax. It will fax even if your phone is VoIP not just a landline. The software that came with it made it easy to install. I did use a USB cable to connect to my computer for the first time like it recommend in the quick start sheet. Once I did that it asked if I wanted to switch to wireless? I selected my network put in my password and it connected. I removed the USB cord and a green wireless light showed up on the printer. The print quality is great has two sided printing an many other features I may not use but they are there if I need them, so I keep the instruction book next to the printer.
About This Item
- Fast printing and copying. Help improve your productivity with print and copy speeds of up to 24ppm and produce professional output at up to 2400 x 600 dpi.
- The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter- or legal-sized paper.
- The manual feed slot offers flexible paper handling for a variety of papers and sizes such as card stock, envelopes, etc. to help you create professional looking documents.
- Versatile, high-quality color scanning. Offers an up to 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated) resolution and a variety of "scan to" functions including: E-mail, file, image, OCR and SharePoint (PC) (1).
- Flexible connectivity: Provides built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n interfaces for sharing with multiple users on your network or connect locally to a single user via its USB interface.
- Duplex (2-sided) printing. Helps save paper with automatic duplex printing.
- Straight-through paper path. A manual feed slot and rear paper exit provide a straight-through paper path to ensure that all your printed materials always look their best.
- Convenient mobile device printing & scanning: Print from your mobile device via AirPrint?, Google Cloud Print?, Brother? iPrint&Scan, Cortado Workplace and Wi-Fi Direct®(2). Plus, wirelessly scan to your mobile device with the Brother? iPrint&Scan app.
- Toner Save mode helps use less toner and save on toner costs.
- Disclaimers: (1) Requires an Internet connection and an account with desired service. (2) Requires connection to a wireless network. AirPrint is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. ©2017 Google LLC. All rights reserved. Google Cloud Print is a trademark of Google LLC. Cortado is a trademark of Cortado AG. Wi-Fi Direct is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
This multifunction printer is the best scanner I ever have had. It scan multiple pages in seconds. If this printer is connected to a pc, from the printer keyboard all you have to do is to press the scan button, select document type to scan (most often OCR) and press start. It automatically scans the document and opens the paperport software that comes along with this printer saves the document in pdf format. All the user has to do is to name the scanned document. This saves a lot of time if you have to scan multiple documents, pictures, etc.
It prints multiple pages in minutes and it is an indispensable tool in the home and/or office. It sure has made my time more productive. I am in love with this printer. I have had several Brother printers but this is the best so far!
Wow, I was really surprised that this wireless printer is very nice,high quality and well made. It is larger than I expected it measures 16 inches long by 14 inches wide by 13 inches high. This printer is heavy it's not something that you can easily carry from room to room. It was very easy to get it out of the box and remove all the packaging and do a quick start, it took about 20 minutes to do this. It has a quick connect wifi button so it's very easy to start using. I used the copier and it printed fast and you can print double sided.It has a 35 page capacity auto document feeder.It also has a 250 sheet capacity,it prints up to 24 ppm. You can print from your device via Airprint,Google Cloud,Brother or WiFi direct.You can well configure the printer using the Windows\Macintosh CD_ROM,included. Also included is the drum unit,AC power cord,starter toner cartridge,telephone line cord and several user guides.Some of the features is you can store up to right fax and telephone numbers.It has a liquid crystal display.You can print more than one page on a single sheet of paper.You can print on envelopes,thick paper or labels.You can also copy both sides of ID card on one page.This four in one machine works great,it does have a strong toner smell when using,but otherwise I would highly recommend this wireless printer.
Easiest printer setup ever! Quiet & powerful too!
I own an Epson printer which does a decent job and I thought I would get a Brother printer for the second floor so I am not running up and down the stairs. This is compact and takes up a little less space than my Epson (see picture)
1. The best part of this printer is the easy setup. I plugged it in and followed the instructions on the quick-guide. It walked me through the internet connection and in no time I had my printer going.
2. The quality of the print is good - I am not picky, but this seems like good quality, crisp printing. I am guessing all laser printers are like this these days.
3. Double sided printing without having to take the sheet out and manually do it yourself - yay!
4. It has a fax, print, and scan feature - I did not try the fax feature, but the scanning is fine.
5. Did I mention its super quiet?? Yes - it purrs so I don't need to worry about the printer chugging to life in the middle of the night when I am up working and everyone at home is asleep.
6. Do the cartridges last long? I dont know the answer to this one. Have not had it long enough to know. Will update once I have used it enough
All in all its a powerful little workhorse compares well with my Epson!
The Brother multifunction printer was relatively easy to set up and get going. I used the quick start guide, and found the printer was not joining my home network, so I followed the user's guide that pointed me to their web site to find possible fixes, and the very first thing on the page said to use the printers menu, to finish the set up, and as soon as I did that, which was very easy, it hooked right up. Every computer on our network can see and use the printer. There is also an app that you can install on your android phone that can also use the printer, which I found very impressive, and handy.
The drawer to hold paper, holds a whole pack of paper, which I found very convenient, and it is very easy to load the paper. The ink cartridge was also very easy to install. I was impressed by how easy it was to get everything set up and running. My computer knowledge is minimal, so easy set up is key for me on anything, and this was easy to work with, and thankfully NOT frustrating. The quality of the print is very crisp and professional looking. I did not think I would notice much of a difference between this and other printers, but there really is a noticeable difference. I am truly amazed by the quality of print this printer puts out.
I did not want to read the users guide, but did find it valuable to read through the guide, it has helpful information and good pictures and graphics that make it easy to understand and work with.
Most of the things I print are black and white, so the multi-function printer is perfect for me and all my needs in the print/copy/scan arena. I did not get to try out the faxing part, because I do not know of anyone that has a fax for me to fax to, but I am sure it will work just as awesomely as the rest of the printer. This printer makes professional looking copies, and it makes them quickly and quietly. There is so much I love about this printer, I am very impressed !!!
All in one great for Small Home Based Business
I selected this for my Home Based Small business.
Making art and handmade Jewelry this is perfect for printing Labels and shipping info invoices and such! I don't need color. I just need quick, low cost, efficient, valuable quality printing. Also works great for sending and receiving paperwork that must be filled out by my social worker and CDA. And other Officials that I have to fax paperwork to! It is perfect for home usage and Small Business. I have even used it to help my friends teen kids with their paperwork for collage apps and other downloading of applications that need to be filled out and then faxed back! This machine is a all in one Miracle worker! Although the downside is the software is old and needed loads of updating and the wireless portion needs to be updated in order to function right. Takes time to straighten it all out! The size is approx 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft x 1.5 ft
Brother Printer L2685DW
This Brother printer is an excellent product. It can work with your pc or wirelessly with your local area network. It is a refurbished model. It comes with toner cartridge and CD for setup. It prints prefect copies. Crisp, clear copies in black and white. It prints very quickly and quietly. I recommend this printer to anyone needing a black and white printer.
This Brother printer does it all. Printer, copier, scanner and fax machine, all work great. The ink is the drum type toner that only prints in black BUT will outlast any other ink cartridges out there that I have ever used. It copies two sided also. I would recommend to anyone not needing a color printer.
Decent Laser Printer
I received the Brother Model MFC-L2685DW Multi-Function Laser Printer, Scanner, Fax & Copier. It was a bit bigger than I expected, but still 'small' enough to fit nicely on top of the desk. The most appealing feature for me was that this Printer can be utilized through WiFi. Now we don't need to schlepp our Laptops to the desk with the Printer and plug it in in order to print, with this Brother Printer connected via WiFi we can print from anywhere in the house and just need to retrieve the printout. Setting up the WiFi on the Printer was fairly easy. I used the included CD and installed the Printer Driver on my Laptop first and then did a manual WiFi setup on the Printer itself. One thing I did notice, the LED display on the Printer is not very well lit, it's kind of grey on grey and it's hard to read. Once the WiFi was setup on the Brother Printer all I had to do was use the included CD to install the Driver on our other Laptops, it then picked up the WiFi automatically and voila, every Family Member is now able to print. I also like the Copier feature, which I use quite often. And then there's also the Scan feature. This is also very useful, as we can now scan certain things and convert them into a file on the Laptop (like a receipt I don't want to loose, etc). There's 2 ways to scan to file. Either from the Printer directly and the file name will be the date of the scan and put into the Brother Scan folder (Control Center 4), or from the Laptop by opening the Utilities Icon of the Brother Printer and from there you can assign a file name and folder before scanning. Me personally, I prefer to initiate the scan from the Laptop so I don't have to rename the file and move it to where I want it. There's also a feature where you can scan ID cards onto 1 page (either to print out or scan to file) and also to print multiple pages onto one page. There's the regular Paper tray for plain paper and there's also a slot in the front of the Printer to feed thicker paper or envelopes, this comes in handy to avoid paper-jams with Cardstock. At this time I can't review the Fax feature as there is no Phone connection possible - no phone-jack outlet available. But for the purposes I use the Brother Printer, which is mainly printing, scanning and copying, it works very well and I would recommend it. The only reason I only gave it 4 stars is due to the hard to read LED on the Printer, otherwise it's a decent Printer.
So far so good
So far so good, the RMFC-L has standard copying capability. It copies approximately 2-3 pages a minute. Since we have ditched our landlines we found that our device can be connected via VOIP for faxing capacity. This all- in -one printer is a staple for small businesses, and the entire family, especially if you have children in school who have a heavy work load.
It also has wifi assessibility whereas it can be hooked up to multiple computers via wifi. I have to be honest though, the hook up for the wifi was a bit tricky, so I noticed that I had to be patient in getting it to work properly. However, it comes with a manual and trouble shooting advice which is a big help. Outside of that I can't say I have any complaints. Would recommend!
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question