Check out these related products
- $13.51 List price $16.00Save $2.49
- $15.77 List price $18.95Save $3.18
- $14.64 List price $19.95Save $5.31
- $12.06 List price $15.95Save $3.89
- $12.49 List price $18.00Save $5.51
- $13.49 List price $15.95Save $2.46
- $12.32 List price $14.95Save $2.63
- $15.36 List price $16.99Save $1.63
- $17.08 List price $18.95Save $1.87
- $13.29 List price $15.95Save $2.66
- $15.25 List price $18.00Save $2.75
- $11.77 List price $16.95Save $5.18
- $12.49 List price $16.95Save $4.46
- $12.83 List price $16.00Save $3.17
- $11.18 List price $12.95Save $1.77
- $10.54 List price $15.00Save $4.46
Consider these popular products
- $16.66 List price $25.00Save $8.34
- $46.55 List price $49.00Save $2.45
- $12.18 List price $19.99Save $7.81
- $10.34 List price $15.99Save $5.65
- $16.66 List price $28.00Save $11.34
- $9.89 List price $16.99Save $7.10
- $12.54 List price $16.95Save $4.41
- $15.99 List price $26.00Save $10.01
- $10.78 List price $14.95Save $4.17
- $5.98 Was $6.62Save $0.64
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
ICU nurse and bestselling author Tilda Shalof learns what nursing beyond the hospital really means. For the 350,000 professional nurses in Canada and 3 million in the US; readers of Atul Gawande's award-winning books and "The American Nurse" by Carole Jones.
In her latest book, ICU nurse Tilda Shalof leaves the hospital behind to accompany the nurses who work in homes, from mansions to shacks to the streets, all across the country. Working with the Victoria Order of Nurses, a Canadian not-for-profit organization that provides home and community care, Tilda meets a wide variety of nursing professionals who offer untraditional care, sometimes in unlikely settings. This book not only describes a personal journey, but it also brings to light new health care issues. North America is on the cusp of change as the needs of our aging population put pressure on our health care system; more people need care in their homes and community supports to stay well. Yet this book is not just about caring for our elderly; Tilda also discovers how nurses care for people with a home, living on the street, for teen parents, returning soldiers with PTSD, those with physical disabilities, sex trade workers, and complex pediatrics. Shalof tells her story with her usual engaging, conversational style, and with this book, she continues to enlighten, surprise, and entertain readers.
|Number of Pages:||317|
|Author:||Shalof, Tilda , Shamian, Judith|
|Publisher:||McClelland & Stewart Ltd|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.