Check out these related products
- $67.52 List price $110.00Save $42.48
- $280.11 List price $359.30Save $79.19
- $116.62 List price $140.00Save $23.38
- $106.04 List price $112.95Save $6.91
- $83.75 List price $93.95Save $10.20
- $140.49 List price $147.81Save $7.32
- $115.29 List price $134.95Save $19.66
Consider these popular products
- $12.92 List price $28.00Save $15.08
- $16.75 List price $29.95Save $13.20
- $11.19 List price $13.95Save $2.76
- $15.16 List price $25.00Save $9.84
- $11.60 Was $12.43Save $0.83
- $16.62 Was $18.09Save $1.47
- $11.32 List price $16.99Save $5.67
- $20.50 List price $29.99Save $9.49
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A new edition of Kaplan s landmark study on eighteenth-century French political economy, reissued with a new Foreword by Sophus A. Reinert. Based on research in all the Parisian depots and more than fifty departmental archives and specialized and municipal libraries, Kaplan s classic work constitutes a major contribution to the study of the subsistence problem before the French Revolution and the political economy of deregulatory reform. The study focuses on the radical legal changes freeing the grain trade in the 1760s, and the ensuing subsistence crisis that violently buffeted the realm and profoundly impacted French life. In the course of the analysis, Kaplan offers crucial insight into the liberal movement, the reform impulse within the government, the character of parlementary politics, the operation of local administration, the collective attitudes and behaviour of consumers, the famine plot persuasion, the organization of the grain and flour trades, and the management of royal victualing enterprises.
Anthem Press is proud to reissued this pathbreaking work together with a significant new historiographic companion volume by the author, The Stakes of Regulation: Perspectives on Bread, Politics and Political Economy Forty Years Later. "
|Number of Pages:||771|
|Author:||Reinert, Sophus A. , Kaplan, Steven L.|
|Series Title:||Anthem Other Canon Economics|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.00 x 2.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.