Check out these related products
- $12.29 List price $16.00Save $3.71
- $14.13 List price $16.00Save $1.87
- $13.72 List price $15.99Save $2.27
- $10.62 List price $15.99Save $5.37
- $13.21 Was $14.08Save $0.87
- $9.62 List price $14.99Save $5.37
- $14.05 List price $15.99Save $1.94
- $9.27 List price $14.99Save $5.72
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
How do we build resilient children who can handle life's challenges?
As parents today, we often feel that our role is to protect our children from the world: to cushion them when they fall, to lift them over obstacles, and to remove sharp rocks from their path. But controling a child's entire environment and keeping all pain at bay isn't feasible--we can't prepare the world for our children, so instead we should focus on preparing our children for the world. "The solution is not removing impediments from our children's lives," writes Krissy Pozatek, "it is compassionately encouraging them to be brave." We need to show our kids how to navigate their own terrain.
If our kids face small hurdles, small pains, at a young age and learn to overcome these obstacles, they will be much better equipped to face larger trouble later in life. Early lessons in problem solving teach self-confidence and self-reliance--and show us that our kids are tougher than we think. Krissy draws her lessons from her experience guiding children in wilderness therapy and from her Buddhist practice--showing us that all life is as unpredictable as mountain weather, that impermanence is the only constant, and that the most loving act a parent can do is fearlessly ready their child to face the wilderness.
For parents of children of all ages.
|Number of Pages:||180|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 8.75 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.78 List price $24.00Save $7.22
- $11.57 List price $19.95Save $8.38
- $37.00 List price $59.00Save $22.00
- $9.06 Was $9.66Save $0.60
- $7.98 List price $14.00Save $6.02
- $8.65 Was $9.21Save $0.56
- $10.36 Was $11.08Save $0.72
- $9.27 List price $15.99Save $6.72
- $14.83 List price $19.95Save $5.12