Check out these related products
- $12.34 Was $13.40Save $1.06
- $7.34 List price $12.00Save $4.66
- $9.37 List price $14.00Save $4.63
- $8.64 Was $9.95Save $1.31
- $13.49 List price $16.00Save $2.51
- $11.79 List price $14.00Save $2.21
- $13.28 List price $14.00Save $0.72
- $14.15 Was $15.00Save $0.85
- $10.00 List price $16.00Save $6.00
- $13.43 List price $15.00Save $1.57
- $12.25 List price $13.00Save $0.75
- $9.87 Was $10.54Save $0.67
- $11.07 Was $11.79Save $0.72
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The author tells his personal story of growing up under apartheid in South Africa with a father he cannot respect and a mother he both adores and despises
Coetzee grew up in a new development north of Cape Town, tormented by guilt and fear. With a father he despised, and a mother he both adored and resented, he led a double life--the brilliant and well-behaved student at school, the princely despot at home, always terrified of losing his mother's love. His first encounters with literature, the awakenings of sexual desire, and a growing awareness of apartheid left him with baffling questions; and only in his love of the high veld ("farms are places of freedom, of life") could he find a sense of belonging. Bold and telling, this masterly evocation of a young boy's life is the book Coetzee's many admirers have been waiting for, but never could have expected.
|Number of Pages:||166|
|Author:||Coetzee, J. M.|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 7.50 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.