Check out these related products
- $25.84 List price $45.00Save $19.16
- $20.42 List price $26.95Save $6.53
- $21.88 Was $23.99Save $2.11
- $14.64 Was $21.20Save $6.56
- $25.17 List price $29.95Save $4.78
- $19.76 List price $24.95Save $5.19
- $19.67 List price $24.95Save $5.28
- $13.75 Was $19.57Save $5.82
- $21.10 Was $24.08Save $2.98
Consider these popular products
- $12.85 List price $19.99Save $7.14
- $12.42 Was $15.65Save $3.23
- $9.85 Was $12.16Save $2.31
- $13.33 Was $14.23Save $0.90
- $5.19 Was $8.57Save $3.38
- $7.77 Was $8.36Save $0.59
- $12.85 Was $16.98Save $4.13
- $7.84 Was $9.77Save $1.93
- $4.80 Was $5.76Save $0.96
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Bird's Opening is an underrated and dynamic choice for White that immediately directs the game into relatively unexplored territory, setting Black players early problems and forcing them to think for themselves rather than having the luxury of relying on the theory of more mainstream openings. It's also a very flexible option that can lead to both sharp gambit play, such as the notorious From's Gambit, as well as quieter positional lines.
In this book International Master Timothy Taylor unearths the secrets of Bird's Opening and its many deviations. Using illustrative games, he examines tactical and positional ideas for both colours and recommends the best paths in both the "main lines" and the lesser-trodden paths. A study of this book will give readers the required knowledge and confidence to play the Bird's Opening with either color.
>Written by a Bird's Opening expert
>A complete up-to-date survey on an active chess opening
>Ideal for club and tournament players
|Number of Pages:||224|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Series Title:||Everyman Chess Ser.|
|Publisher:||Globe Pequot Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.