Check out these related products
- $33.71 List price $49.95Save $16.24
- $11.24 List price $18.00Save $6.76
- $14.07 List price $15.95Save $1.88
- $12.23 List price $16.95Save $4.72
- $10.34 Was $11.08Save $0.74
- $11.88 List price $16.95Save $5.07
- $14.30 List price $18.00Save $3.70
- $11.26 Was $12.73Save $1.47
- $11.12 List price $17.00Save $5.88
- $13.13 List price $16.00Save $2.87
- $10.97 List price $18.00Save $7.03
- $9.87 List price $15.00Save $5.13
- $13.51 List price $15.00Save $1.49
- $12.72 Was $13.82Save $1.10
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
BEHIND ENEMY LINES 
Marthe Cohn was a beautiful young Jewish woman living just across the German border in France when Hitler rose to power. Her family sheltered Jews fleeing the Nazis, including Jewish children sent away by their terrified parents. But soon her homeland was also under Nazi rule. As the Nazi occupation escalated, Marthe's sister was arrested and sent to Auschwitz. The rest of her family was forced to flee to the south of France. Always a fighter, Marthe joined the French Army.
As a member of the intelligence service of the French First Army, Marthe fought valiantly to retrieve needed inside information about Nazi troop movements by slipping behind enemy lines, utilizing her perfect German accent and blond hair to pose as a young German nurse who was desperately trying to obtain word of a fictional fiance. By traveling throughout the countryside and approaching troops sympathetic to her plight, risking death every time she did so, she learned where they were going next and was able to alert Allied commanders.
When, at the age of eighty, Marthe Cohn was awarded France's highest military honor, the Medaille Militaire, not even her children knew to what extent this modest woman had faced death daily while helping defeat the Nazi empire. At its heart, this remarkable memoir is the tale of an ordinary human being who, under extraordinary circumstances, became the hero her country needed her to be.
|Number of Pages:||282|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||FRANCE_BIOGRAPHY , HOLOCAUST, JEWISH (1939-1945)_PERSONAL NARRATIVES , JEWS_FRANCE|
|Author:||Cohn, Marthe , Holden, Wendy|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $12.29 List price $17.00Save $4.71
- $19.04 List price $28.00Save $8.96
- $16.15 Was $17.00Save $0.85
- $14.53 List price $20.00Save $5.47