Check out these related products
- $15.51 List price $17.95Save $2.44
- $11.57 List price $16.00Save $4.43
- $111.14 List price $150.00Save $38.86
- $37.01 List price $45.00Save $7.99
- $19.89 List price $30.00Save $10.11
- $17.68 List price $24.00Save $6.32
- $23.73 List price $45.00Save $21.27
- $17.36 List price $23.95Save $6.59
- $16.73 List price $20.00Save $3.27
- $21.35 List price $25.99Save $4.64
- $22.45 List price $34.95Save $12.50
- $12.00 List price $16.95Save $4.95
- $10.84 List price $14.95Save $4.11
- $28.36 List price $39.95Save $11.59
- $13.74 List price $14.99Save $1.25
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Continuum International Publishing Group, 2007, ISBN# 1847250467
Jon Spence's fascinating biography of Jane Austen paints an intimate portrait of the much-loved novelist. Spence's meticulous research has, perhaps most notably, uncovered evidence that Austen and the charming young Irishman Tom Lefroy fell in love at the age of twenty and that the relationship inspired Pride and Prejudice, one of the most celebrated works of fiction ever written. Becoming Jane Austen gives the fullest account we have of the romance, which was more serious and more enduring than previously believed. Seeing this love story in the context of Jane Austen's whole life enables us to appreciate the profound effect the relationship had on her art and on subsequent choices that she made in her life.
Full of insight and with an attentive eye for detail, Spence explores Jane Austen's emotional attachments and the personal influences that shaped her as a novelist. His elegant narrative provides a point of entry into Jane Austen's world as she herself perceived and experienced it. It is a world familiar to us from her novels, but in Becoming Jane Austen, Austen herself is the heroine.
|Number of Pages:||294|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Bloomsbury USA Academic|
|Publication Date:||May, 2007|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 7.75 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $9.86 Was $10.69Save $0.83
- $11.50 List price $19.00Save $7.50
- $11.18 List price $17.00Save $5.82