Check out these related products
- $16.21 List price $19.95Save $3.74
- $18.55 List price $25.00Save $6.45
- $14.75 List price $17.95Save $3.20
- $13.79 List price $23.95Save $10.16
- $15.30 List price $22.95Save $7.65
- $18.53 List price $24.95Save $6.42
- $14.81 List price $21.99Save $7.18
- $15.32 List price $16.95Save $1.63
- $18.63 List price $24.95Save $6.32
- $17.07 List price $24.99Save $7.92
- $12.93 List price $18.95Save $6.02
- $15.01 List price $22.99Save $7.98
- $17.09 List price $22.99Save $5.90
- $16.63 List price $24.95Save $8.32
Consider these popular products
- $11.55 List price $17.00Save $5.45
- $9.59 Was $11.62Save $2.03
- $16.27 List price $21.95Save $5.68
- $23.66 List price $29.95Save $6.29
- $14.47 Was $15.38Save $0.91
- $17.74 List price $19.95Save $2.21
- $13.11 List price $19.99Save $6.88
- $16.66 List price $25.00Save $8.34
- $32.70 List price $45.00Save $12.30
- $20.56 List price $29.95Save $9.39
- $18.09 Was $19.35Save $1.26
- $23.75 List price $29.95Save $6.20
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
"Becoming Big League" is the story of Seattle's relationship with major league baseball from the 1962 World's Fair to the completion of the Kingdome in 1976 and beyond. Bill Mullins focuses on the acquisition and loss, after only one year, of the Seattle Pilots and documents their on-the-field exploits in lively play-by-play sections.
The Pilots' underfunded ownership, led by Seattle's Dewey and Max Soriano and William Daley of Cleveland, struggled to make the team a success. They were savvy baseball men, but they made mistakes and wrangled with the city. By the end of the first season, the team was in bankruptcy. The Pilots were sold to a contingent from Milwaukee led by Bud Selig, who moved the franchise to Wisconsin and rechristened the team the Brewers.
"Becoming Big League" describes the character of Seattle in the 1960s and 1970s, explains how the operation of a major league baseball franchise fits into the life of a city, charts Seattle's long history of fraught stadium politics, and examines the business of baseball.
Bill Mullins received his Ph.D. from the University of Washington and is professor emeritus of history at Oklahoma Baptist University. He lives in Federal Way, Washington.
""Becoming Big League" is written with a verve and wit that makes the most of all the engaging and/or exasperating characters involved." -Carl Abbott, Portland State University
|Number of Pages:||348|
|Author:||Mullins, William H.|
|Publisher:||Univ of Washington Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.25 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.