I'm not into cell phones so I don't really know much about what kinds of memories, and what kind of ports they have.
Thus it took me a while to find out what I have to buy for the card reader.
So I bought the first one I thought it might work with an adapter just in case and I could also check both connections on the card reader.
Apparently, the card reader can read MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC (sorry I really don't know what it means)
Unfortunately, only my Samsung Galaxy S3 works with this card reader.
The port for my IPhone doesn't match so I can't use the card reader with my IPhone.
- I wanted a device that I don't have to open my phone or my phone case every time I want to insert another memory card and this device is perfect
- Does the job for quick on-the-go transfers(I didn't do any transfer speed tests because I don't mind waiting a little bit)
- I use it mainly to put anything I need like my music, books, mangas, videos… and now I can use it almost anywhere.
- It can also be used for a manual backup but it won't backup everything and nowadays, with a google account, google saves automatically everything already for you and without you worrying about anything.
- Not many other kinds of connectors are available like USB Type A, it would be very convenient as most users still use PC (if I have a port converter, I might try to see if it might do the trick but it might as well destroy both the port and the card reader so I will see if I have any spare parts)
- Nothing to hang the device, I had to leave in my pocket which is not convenient for me as I tend to be careless and broke many things when in my pocket.
- My main concern is this device doesn't do like some devices where you have to push to insert or release the memory card because the fact that a little part of the card is still in the open (and I noticed it because I almost broke it more than a dozen times since the few days I got the card reader), then it might break the memory card if not careful.