Similar items in stock
NOOK HD 9" Tablet 32GB Memory
Customers also bought these products
- Rollback$10.15 Was $22.98Save $12.83
- $10.56 Was $11.24Save $0.68
- $20.98 List price $49.97Save $28.99
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The best in reading - now with the best Android apps, games, movies, music & more.
This Barnes and Noble Tablet PC supports all popular media formats, and it gives you access to over 3 million books, magazines and videos, and you can also use it for Email and calendar syncing. Feather light and designed to fit naturally in your hand, the NOOK HD is easy for anyone, even a child, to hold for hours at a time.
What's a Tablet PC?
Tablet PCs are compact, ultra-portable entertainment devices that let you read email, surf the internet, read eBooks, view photos, play games, listen to music and watch video files. Most tablets are based on a smaller operating system, which allows you to purchase and download additional applications from supported stores. Tablet PCs do not have a CD/DVD drive and will not run Microsoft Windows or its applications. Tablet PCs function as a secondary device for casual entertainment purposes, and are not meant to replace a computer. They are ideal for use around the home and on the go with WiFi or 3-4g mobile broadband connections (pay as you go, contract may be required for service).
|Processor Type:||OMAP 4|
|Display Technology:||Active Matrix TFT Color LCD|
|Processor Speed:||1.50 GHz|
|Contained Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Battery Life:||10 Hour|
|Compatible Devices:||microSDHC , microSD|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||BNTV60032GB|
|RAM Memory:||1 GB|
|Accessories Included:|| |
|Features:||Color Screen , Wi-Fi Inbuilt|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||9.50 x 6.40 x 0.45 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes you can after you download the Kindle Reader from Google Play. Just make sure that after you first turn it on and get it set-up, to run a check for updates. After it restarts, and updates the software, you will have accessibility to Google Play; and other new apps as well. Great product. I have the same one with the 32GB option. Good luckby MUrbaschek10/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The recent versions (May 2013 ish) of the Nook HD and HD+ have the Google Play store which has the Kindle app. Downloading the free Kindle app allows you to read all your Kindle books. If you have an older Nook HD or HD+ (or even a Nook Color or Nook Tablet) you can get the capability to run Google Play and download the free Kindle app by purchasing software and hardware (i.e. a microSD card) from N2ACards.com.by Jason9999xz10/30/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. Now that you have access to the Google Play store on the device, you can download the Kindle Reader Anroid app and use it to read Kindle documents.by jdburns6/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Sorry, I did some more research. Although you can't exactly transfer kindle books. You can read them in a short roundabout way. First download Google Play, then search for the free app, Kindle for Android. Then sign in and you should be good to go!by Stuuw5/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You could. But you would have to convert them first to a Nook friendly format. Currently, the free converter I use now is called "Calibre". Here is a list of Calibre's input and output formats. Input Formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML, HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ Output Formats: AZW3, EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, HTMLZ, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ Hope this helps.by Stuuw8/2/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can sideload books not purchased from the NOOK Store in PDF or ePub format. Kindle books are published in AZW or TPZ format, neither of which are supported by other readers.by An anonymous customer7/16/2013Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (3) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- No. That it does not have.by MUrbaschek11/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No cameraby FreeMyNookHDPlus11/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, there is no camera.by Jason9999xz10/2/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it does not have a camera.by jdburns6/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- noby Shadowman336/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, NOOK HD+ does not include a camera.by An anonymous customer10/25/2014Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The biggest difference would be the lack of a physical keyboard. You type on a keyboard that appears on the screen, but it is no substitute for a real keyboard if you are going to do much typing. It also runs only Android apps. There are Windows or Linux programs that you may want to run that cannot run on this device. The external storage is also limited to a microSD card, rather than a hard disk or solid state disk of a computer which can store more information. It has no DVD player/storage.by Jason9999xz10/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Think of it as a small laptop that you operate by touch rather than with a mouse and keyboard. As a matter of fact, you can order cases for about $30 that include bluetooth keyboards, so that when you open the case you have essentially a little notebook computer. The primary differences you'll notice from actual "netbooks" are: flash drive instead of CD/DVD-ROM slots, touchscreen interaction instead of a touchpad or mouse (though you can buy a bluetooth mouse as well if you like), and less memory than new laptops (though still a pretty good amount unless you want to have access to a bunch of movies or something at all times, and you can add 32GB by inserting a $25 MicroSD card). It also runs Android apps, so no programs you use on Windows or Apple machines will work on it. There are of course a ton of technical differences, but that's the basic gist for the typical user.by jdburns6/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Don't think of this as a small computer! It will not do the tasks that a computer will. The Nook HD is a fine product but it is meant to be a reader! You can download many apps, movies, books & magazines. To be able to receive e-mail and to send e-mail is great, no need to be at a computer. Love that I can use wi-fi at home or away.by watervalleygal10/5/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- A Tablet is not a replacement for a computer But it is VERY USEFUL & VERY portable.by Danknows10/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. It's not. A computer has a bigger memory. Can have programs installed. Has a full keyboard for 10 finger typing. Has multiple USB ports. Whereas the nook has a single micro usb port for connect to a pc or for charging. Nowadays usually have a built in webcam or can have one attached as a peripheral. A nook does not and to the best of my knowledge cannot. This nook would be horrible for typing out long responses unless you like typing with just two fingers. Alternatively, you could buy a bluetooth qwerty keyboard case specifically for it. Basically, the nook would be very limited unless you get lucky and a developer makes the programs you want on a pc into a downloadable app for your Nook. In my experience, the nook is best used for: 1. Reading Sideloaded books 2. Streaming Video (Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll, DramaFever, Youtube) 3. Email (made comfortable with bluetooth keyboard) 4. Apps (Games or Educational apps)by Stuuw1/30/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- personal computing can do a lot of productivity applications while a tablet can'tby AndroidNovice10/30/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
Consider these popular products
- Rollbackfrom $69.98
- from $49.99
- $99.98 List price $149.99Save $50.01