Check out these related products
- $16.08 Was $20.96Save $4.88
- $10.45 List price $18.00Save $7.55
- $13.30 List price $14.04Save $0.74
- $14.69 List price $15.99Save $1.30
- $36.09 List price $49.99Save $13.90
- $19.04 List price $28.00Save $8.96
- $141.25 Was $149.10Save $7.85
- $43.52 List price $54.95Save $11.43
- $19.39 Was $28.09Save $8.70
- $18.49 List price $30.00Save $11.51
- $13.05 List price $27.00Save $13.95
- $19.67 List price $26.00Save $6.33
- $19.37 List price $29.95Save $10.58
- $18.01 Was $22.25Save $4.24
- $20.18 Was $21.66Save $1.48
- $15.09 Was $16.73Save $1.64
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
In this groundbreaking book, two economists explain why economic imbalances cause civil collapse-- and why the United States could be next.
From the Ming Dynasty to Ottoman Turkey to imperial Spain, the Great Powers of the world emerged as the greatest economic, political, and military forces of their time--only to collapse into rubble and memory. What is at the root of their demise--and how can the United States stop this pattern from happening again?
A quarter century after Paul Kennedy's The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers, Glenn Hubbard and Tim Kane present a bold, sweeping account of why powerful nations and civilizations break down under the heavy burden of economic imbalance. Introducing a profound new measure of economic power, Balance traces the triumphs and mistakes of imperial Britain, the paradox of superstate California, the long collapse of Rome, and the limits of the Japanese model of growth. Most importantly, Hubbard and Kane compare the twenty-first-century United States to the empires of old and challenge Americans to address the real problems of our country's dysfunctional fiscal imbalance. If there is not a new economics and politics of balance, they show that there will be an inevitable demise ahead.
|Number of Pages:||351|
|Author:||Kane, Tim , Hubbard, Glenn|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $15.95 List price $17.50Save $1.55