Awesome. My kids and neighbors love it! It's not easy to set up, though it is pretty well explained on instructions. What I mean is that it takes hours to put up, and if you have an electric drill it'll help. Now I ho to the backyard, read relax and they always have fun.
About This Item
Backyard Discovery Tucson Cedar Wooden Swing Set:
- Kids benefit from frequent physical activity and exercise
- You benefit from knowing the kids are secure in your own backyard
- Backyard Discovery Tucson Cedar wooden swing set features 4 activities that will keep 7 kids busy at the same time
- Wooden swing set offers terrific value in outdoor play for the whole summer
- Ideal for smaller backyards
Features & Specifications:
- Cedar, factory-stained wood from sustainable forests
- All wood included with this wooden swing set
- Covered play deck
- Dimensions: 18' 1"L x 7' 4"W x 9' 5"H
- Assembled weight: 204lbs
- Covered play deck
- 8' Super Safe Speedy Slide
- 2 belt swings with kid-friendly chains
- Trapeze bar
- Picnic/activity table
- Rock wall
- Safe-T-Fuse Fastener System
Backyard Discovery Wooden Swing Set Assembly:
- Includes detailed assembly manual
- Some pilot holes may need to be drilled on site
- Lumber is pre-drilled, pre-cut and pre-stained
- Lumber is stamped for ease of assembly
- All structural components and necessary hardware and fasteners are included
- 2 adults required for wood play set assembly
- Assembly takes approximately 6-8 hours with 2 adults
- Recommended Safety Zone: 24' 1"L x 19' 4"W x 15' 5"H
- Place in a flat area of your yard to minimize ground preparation
- Provide enough room so that children can use the Backyard Discovery wood play set safely
- Do not build your wooden swing set on top of surfacing material
- Locate bare metal platforms and slides out of direct sunlight to reduce the likelihood of serious burns
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 960 lbs
- Safe play: engineered to meet or exceed ASTM standards (code F1148-19). This product is intended for RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY. Any use of this product outside of a residential setting will make the product warranty null and void.
Tools Needed (Not Included):
- 3/8" cordless or electric drill
- 3/16", 5/16" and 3/8" drill bits
- Drill Attachments: Phillips head screw, 3/8" socket driver and torque head screw
- 1/2" and 7/16" open end wrenches
- Tape measure
- 1/2" and 9/16" nut drivers
- 3/8" drive ratchet
- 1/2" and 9/16" std sockets
- 1/2" and 9/16" deep sockets
- Claw hammer
- Phillips and straight blade screwdrivers
- 24" level
- Rubber mallet (optional)
- Step ladder
Materials, Care & Warranty:
- 1-year warranty on this Backyard Discovery wooden swing set covers all parts including wood
- All wood carries a 5-year pro-rated warranty against rot and decay
For questions about using this cedar swing set, please call Backyard Discovery at 1-800-856-4445
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
18.10 x 7.40 x 9.50 Inches
Take an interactive tour
Manuals & Guides
Great Swing Set for the price!
This was a perfect choice for our 6 year old and 2 year old! It looks nice, it's sturdy and my girls have absolutely enjoyed it! I thought the rock wall and slide might be too big for my youngest right now, but she can't stay off of it. I definitely recommend reading through reviews and taking into consideration what worked best to organize for assembly. The only reason I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 is that we had several setbacks with the delivery time most of which was due to the carrier and not specifically Walmart. Also, we got the Dome at Walmart too, months ago and it's a great addition!!
Nice swinger, headache to build.
Got this kit on a Monday, finished it on a Sunday (rained a few days). We first went through all of our items to make sure nothing was missing, nothing was (so we thought). Started building and didn't have much trouble except some boards being warped a little and predrilled holes not clean (which you can easily do with a bolt). Got to the part of putting together the table on the back, not enough bolts. Thankfully we had some left over that were 1/4" longer. We also ended up putting some screws in to secure the set a little bit more. The directions were TERRIBLE. In one section it would tell you exactly how much hardware was required but in the next you had to look at the picture and guess which was which and how many you needed. Overall a very nice and sturdy (for an almost 2 year old) swing set sit, but the "kit" could have been better put together.
For Kids ONLY
I was super excited to get this for my kids. I never saw one in person before but thought for the price its was worth getting one instead of building myself. Here are a few of my likes and dislikes: Likes: Good hardware : Bolts, nuts, screws were good quality. Chains and other metal hardware was of good quality App: there was an app to help assist putting it together Dislikes: Wood: the wood felt soft, like it was a pine wood or something extremely light. When i stepped on where you mounted the slide it creeked and felt like it could possibly break, it did hold my weight but i felt uneasy (i weigh 235lbs). I did feel it would be safe for both of my kids so that was a plus! App: Even though there was an app to put it together i felt that some steps were out of place and could have been put some place else. Putting together: this took me a full 8 hours with the help of another person. Make sure you have time and another person when putting together. Next time i think i may build one from scratch. It will take me about the same amount of time and be of better wood quality. Overall for the price this isn't bad for Kids only.
Beautiful set, great for toddler ages.
First let me start by saying the swing set is beautiful and my 2-6 year old love it. My 8 year granddaughter (60lbs) complains that it is too low going up the ladder to slide. So definitely designed for young children. The wood was very soft, which gave us concerns about safety and durability, but have no fear it is held together with what seems to be 1000's of pieces of hardware, different sizes for every step. The assembly took a couple days. You could speed the process by having 2 power drills. I for predrilling and one for screwing in bolts. Also, be prepared for lots if measuring. Overall, I give it 3 stars. If they would predrilled all boards it would get 4.5 I ordered this just prior to Covid 19 closures, so kudos to company for filling the order quickly and providing my kids with hours of fun! Also, came in one flat box so very heavy. They are masters at packing! (NOTE baby swing was ordered separately.)
I ordered this set twice and both times it arrived in unacceptable condition and was refused. The first time the box was busted open, filthy, and had parts protruding from the box. It was shrink wrapped to the pallet to hold it together. The next time it arrived as a bunch of parts wrapped in plastic with no box at all. If Walmart is selling seconds or open box returns, they should specify that.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question