My kids love it
About This Item
The freight trucking service that ships your Backyard Discovery Prescott cedar wooden swing set will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. This item is only available for curbside delivery, and will not be moved into your home or garage. You will need to move the large box to its final location.
The Backyard Discovery Prescott cedar wooden swing set offers your kids and their neighborhood crew terrific climbing, sliding and swinging fun. The covered upper deck offers just enough cooling shade for kicking back and surveying the backyard. The Prescott outdoor swing set features plenty of high-flyin' activities to keep your kids healthy and active all year long.
Backyard Discovery Prescott Cedar Wooden Swing Set:
- Kids benefit from frequent physical activity and exercise
- You benefit from knowing the kids are secure in your own backyard
- Wooden outdoor play set features 6 activities to keep kids busy
- Backyard Discovery Prescott cedar wooden swing set offers terrific value in outdoor play for the whole summer
Features & Specifications:
- 100-percent factory-stained cedar lumber
- Wood is from sustainable forests
- All wood is included with this wooden swing set
- Ideal for small and large backyards
- Dimensions: 11' 8.5" x 11' 2" x 8' 2"
What's Included with the Backyard Discovery Prescott Cedar Wooden Swing Set:
- Covered play deck
- 2 belt swings
- 1 trapeze bar
- 8' Super Safe Speedy Slide
- Rock wall entry
- Backyard Discovery Prescott cedar wooden swing set includes a detailed assembly manual
- Backyard Discovery wooden swing set is designed to be installed on a level surface by an adult with an adult helper
- Prescott swing set setup requires 6-8 hours with 2 adults working
- Do not build the wooden swing set on top of surfacing material
- Recommended safety zone: 23'8-1/2" x 23'2" x 14'2"
- Assemble no less than 6' from any structure or obstruction such as a fence, garage or electrical wire
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 960 lbs
Tools Needed (Not Included):
- 3/8" cordless or electric drill
- 3/16", 5/16" and 3/8" drill bits
- Drill Attachments: Phillips head screw, 3/8" socket driver, torque head screw, 1/2" and 7/16" open end wrenches
- Tape measure
- 1/2" and 9/16" nut drivers
- 3/8" drive ratchet, 1/2" and 9/16" std sockets, 1/2" and 9/16" deep sockets
- Claw hammer
- Phillips and straight blade screw drivers
- 24" level
- Rubber mallet (optional)
- Step ladder
Materials, Care and Warranty:
- Perform maintenance check-ups on bolts, plastic and wood parts on a regular basis
- Detailed maintenance instructions included with this Backyard Discovery cedar outdoor play set
- 1-year limited warranty
- 1-year warranty covers all parts including wood and hardware
- All wood carries a 5-year pro-rated warranty against rot and decay
- Backyard Discovery will replace any parts within the first 30 days from date of purchase found to be missing or damaged
For questions about this Backyard Discovery wooden swing set, please call Backyard Discovery (1-800-856-4445)
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
140.50 x 134.00 x 98.00 Inches
Take an interactive tour
Manuals & Guides
GREAT PRODUCT FOR PRICE!!!!!
This swingset is definitley a great product for the price! Our son is 4 & tall for his age, he has NO PROBLEMS playing on this set! I swing all the time with him & I'm 115 lbs. We did however, purchase Thompson's Water Seal to weather proof/protect it. The stain is a nice color & if you don't like it, you could stain it another. I think applying the water seal once a yr will preserve the wood for yrs to come. Once put together, it's very sturdy, but it does take 2 people to assemble certain parts. I hope this helps anyone else considering purchasing this swing set!
Perfect size for us!
This swingset is not bulky and big at all. It is just right for our yard. My two biggest things were to find one with the 8 ft wavey slide (since my little one one LOVES slides) and to get one with the belt swings (since it hugs their bottoms oreventing them from slipping off). None of the metal swingsets had those features ebich eliminated them as options for us. The rock climbing wall is cute and my toddler flew right up without even using the support pegs. She loves the slide. We did swap out the trapeze for a toddler swing for the time being since she is not old enough to use that and that worked out great. It took two men who actually read the directions about 2 1/2 evenings (about 5 hours total) to put it together). They figured it out but said they wished the instructions had pictures to go along with them so they could envision their next steps. Overall we are supper pleased our purchase and glad we bought it at Walmart as the price difference was significant. Walmart sold it for $329 and Amazon had it for $559!
5th Birthday Present.
Our daughter is tall for a 5 yrs old. Swings & middle yellow bar are adjustable. It's perfect for her because she's an only child & does not have to have another child to enjoy the complete swing set. It took about 6 hours to put together.
Purchased this for my Grand Daughters 4th Birthday. The Swing Set arrived when it was scheduled. Took approximately two days for a total of 8 hours to assemble, mainly because it has been unusually hot and yard has no shade. All the parts were there and most of the pieces fit together. My brother is a carpenter/cabinet maker so he was able to do this with no problem. If it hadn't been for him I doubt that I would have purchased.
Nice for the money
This set seems to be pretty sturdy and it looks very nice. It took my daughter and son-in-law several hours to assemble as the parts didn't always line up properly and so they had to make adjustments. But the final result is a very nice swing set for my grandchildren.
smaller then hoped. time consuming to put together
All the pieces were there in our box so that was not an issue we had. The only issue was putting it together. It was time consuming; which I expected, but because there weren't any clear markers on the wood aside from the numbers in which order they went on it took some trial and error. It would have been helpful for there to be things like "top" and "bottom" or "left" and "right" on each piece where that information would have been useful. In order to avoid putting it together wrong and having to take pieces apart (like we did) I suggest measuring all the holes on the pieces that are the same to make sure which way the pieces should be put together. I was hoping the house part would have been a little wider and the slide would have been a full piece of hard plastic. Instead you have to put it together and bend it to fit the side pieces. But really it's perfect for a small yard and small children. Now that it is together it looks great and my 2 year daughter loves it. I would say it was a good purchase.
Its a good set for the money. Set up took about 8 hours over 2 days. The predrilled holes weren't right, stop we had to drill our own. And its crooked.
Not the best
Bought this for our granddaughter and her friends. The wood is not a good quality at all. The playset isnt even a year old and one of the main support boards has cracked and until we buy better quality wood and create a better side support it wont be able to have the children play on it. What happened to the day when you would spend good money for a product and got your money's worth out of it.
Some of the key boards were to small took 2 weeks to get new ones and they were to big. I just went and had new ones cut at menards. The product says child up to 150lbs and I'm 110 I would not trust the swings.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question