Check out these related products
- $56.41 List price $59.95Save $3.54
- $29.95 Was $33.37Save $3.42
- $28.30 List price $44.95Save $16.65
- $37.94 List price $39.95Save $2.01
- $75.74 List price $85.00Save $9.26
- $76.11 List price $115.98Save $39.87
- $8.12 List price $11.95Save $3.83
- $14.58 List price $17.95Save $3.37
- $22.85 List price $30.00Save $7.15
Babylon of Egypt: The Archaeology of Old Cairo and the Origins of the City
Consider these popular products
- $13.88 List price $18.99Save $5.11
- $8.07 Was $12.16Save $4.09
- $11.03 List price $17.00Save $5.97
- $12.21 List price $16.99Save $4.78
- $138.86 List price $165.45Save $26.59
- $93.05 List price $97.95Save $4.90
- $168.42 List price $189.00Save $20.58
- $14.40 Was $15.29Save $0.89
- $20.16 List price $24.99Save $4.83
- $10.86 List price $18.99Save $8.13
- $15.67 List price $21.00Save $5.33
- $252.77 List price $271.67Save $18.90
- $13.93 List price $18.00Save $4.07
- $121.41 Was $137.71Save $16.30
- $92.23 List price $103.50Save $11.27
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, American University in Cairo Press, 2010, ISBN13 9789774162992, ISBN10 9774162994
An archaeological investigation into the ancient nucleus of medieval and modern Cairo.
This book presents a history of Old Cairo based on new archaeological evidence gathered between 2000 and 2006 during a major project to lower the groundwater level affecting the churches and monuments of this area of Cairo known by the Romans as Babylon. Examination of the material and structural remains revealed a sequence of continuous occupation extending from the sixth century BC to the present day. These include the massive stone walls of the canal linking the Nile to the Red Sea, and the harbor constructed by Trajan at its entrance around 110 AD.
The Emperor Diocletian built the fortress of Babylon around the harbor and the canal in 300 AD, and much new information has come to light concerning the construction and internal layout of the fortress, which continues to enclose and define the enclave of Old Cairo. Important evidence for the early medieval transformation of the area into the nucleus of the Arab city of al-Fustat and its later medieval development is also presented.
|Number of Pages:||179|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Series Title:||American Research Center in Egypt Conservation Series|
|Publisher:||Amer Univ in Cairo Pr|
|Publication Date:||September, 2010|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||10.25 x 12.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.