The BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller is really well made. There are a lot of little details that put this stroller over the top. I have a 16 month old daughter who loves going for walks. The child seat is nicely padded, has pockets for toys or snacks, and can be reclined. I typically walk on a grass path so I love the suspension system. It allows my daughter to have a much smoother ride. It also pushes much easier through the bumpy, grassy path than any other stroller I have used for off roading which makes it a much more enjoyable walk for me as well. When using this stroller on the road or sidewalk, it just glides! If I am jogging, I barely feel like I have to push and I can just hold the jogging strap. I absolutely love the lockable front wheel that way I can use it easily for walking or jogging. The huge canopy top is wonderful for the ever changing weather in Ohio. The other day it started out sunny and warm, and by the end of our walk it was cool and rainy. The canopy top kept my daughter dry and warm from the rain, and thankfully I had a blanket in the zip top cargo basket. I feel like no detail has been overlooked from the safety features to the extra pockets it's an all around great stroller. Thank you Stellar Product Testing Panel for providing me with this stroller! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
About This Item
WARNING - CHOKING HAZARD - Children Under 3
Adventure calling your name? The BOB alterrain Pro jogging stroller is ready to hit the ground running. With smoothshox suspension and air-filled tires, you and your little explorer can take on any terrain. Plus, the ergonomic handbrake puts incredible downhill control at your fingertips. The sleek, sturdy frame and reflective rims turn heads on the hiking trail or city street. And the all-weather canopy is 100% waterproof, wind-proof and rated UPF 50+ to shield your child from the elements. The Compression seat with infinite recline sits fully upright for all-day excursions, and lays near-flat for nap time. There's plenty of room to store and secure all your gear in the zip-top cargo basket and five extra storage pockets. When your epic outing comes to an end, fold the stroller fast with a single twist of the hand. It stands up on its own until you're ready to roll.
- Fold & Go: 1 hand, quick fold collapses the stroller to a self standing position with a single twist of the hand
- Rugged elegance: sleek frame, performance Fabrics and reflective Rims turn heads on the hiking trail or city street; lunar fashion is ultra reflective
- Smooth ride: smoothshox suspension and air filled tires balance out the ride for your little adventurer, so you can take on any terrain
- Downhill control: ergonomic handbrake puts downhill control at your fingertips
- All weather: canopy is 100 percent waterproof, wind proof and rated UPF 50+ to shield your child from the elements
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
12.00 x 22.00 x 34.00 Inches
So many thoughtful features!
Wow. This stroller is AMAZING. I can?t say enough good things about it. First, the suspension is perfect for every terrain, from bumpy pothole covered streets to smooth biking trails to dirt hiking trails. When our son falls asleep, it?s easy to quietly recline the seat and the overhead magnetic window cover folds back quietly since there aren?t any noisy velcro flaps. The zip covered storage compartment makes me feel like I can pack a whole suitcase worth of toys and snacks for our adventures. If that?s not enough, there are side pockets in the stroller seat that are perfect for a water bottle and a favorite toy and a zip pocket for a cell phone or wallet. It folds up super easily and the wheels can be detached for quick stowing (no tools needed!). My only disappointment is that I didn?t discover this stroller sooner. Thanks so much to the Stellar Product Testing Panel for providing the stroller for us to try out! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Great Running Stroller
I received this stroller as part of the Stellar Product Testing Panel. I have used other BOB products and so far this is my favorite. They have completely redesigned with this model. Being a runner I found the Alterrain being great for handling all different kinds of terrain. The shocks help with bumpy, rocky trail. The handbrake is a nice feature though I have found that I have not needed to use it. I am known for loosing stuff so the zip-top cargo basket is a nice bonus. One thing that I did noticed that could be annoying is the brake cord getting in the way of trying to get into the cargo bin. Instead of having a pull-cord to collapse there is a handle near the foot well that you push in and twist. This handle allows for an easier and more sturdy means of grabbing and lifting the stroller. The canopy pulls down with ease with nice coverage, has a magnetic flap for the peek-a-boo window, mesh for ventilation and a flap along the back with a zipper pocket.The canopy can be detached easily if need be. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
You don?t need any other stroller!
I was lucky enough to receive this stroller through the Stellar Product Testing Panel. After using it for a few weeks in varying terrains and elements, hands down, you don?t need any other stroller! Ever! Here is start to finish what I thought...
Assembly and basics: The new stroller is so easy to assemble right out of the box. It unfolds easily, is lightweight enough, and the wheels click right on. The fabric and overall look is so cool! It?s has a minimalist, but rugged look. Like it can handle anything. The seat is extra padded and reclines easily. I like how secure the harness is. The foot brake is convenient and easy to use also. The hand brake is definitely stiff out of the box. With use, it?s breaking in and easier to grip down. Love the huge canopy and the weather resistant fabric. The storage bin below completely zips closed which comes in handy on the trails or when it?s wet out. The stroller is also decked out in reflective material on the wheels and on the stroller itself, which is an added safety bonus.
Use: I?ve used this stroller on sidewalks, roads, gravel, dirt and mud. It pushes through like a breeze! It?s crazy how easy it is to maneuver and how smooth it is. The suspension makes transitioning curbs or bumps in the trail no big deal for my little rider and for me. My little also likes than she can easily pull the canopy down on her own or stash her stuff in the seat next to her. We?ve gone through some good mud puddles and trails and I literally just hosed it off like no big deal! I would say my favorite feature is the smooth riding suspension and just ease of use. I love it!
I swear if I sound like a salesman for this stroller, it?s because I would be!! I have already found a new home for our other jogger. I go to this one everyday. If you are wavering on which stroller to use or worried about cost, this stroller is hands down worth every penny and seems like it would last until your kids have kids! Haha! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
It?s like a luxury ride for your little one!
I received the BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller to test as a member of the Stellar Product Testing Panel and couldn?t be happier with it! In years past I had a different brand jogging stroller and by comparison this one was much more roomie for my little one! a bit bigger in size overall but that didn?t effect performance - jogs super smooth and lots of room for the little one and all the extras. i really like that this stroller has two inside pockets for him - he can have his snack in one side and his water on the other and i don?t have to hand him things! additionally I love the one-handed easy fold and how simple it was to put together. (although i do wish they put some unpackaging instructions with it - i was a little clueless where to start and couldn?t find the manual at first!). The safety features are great as well including the easy to use front wheel lock. Overall this is an awesome stroller, if you are considering it, go for it! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
The Only Stroller You Need!
I never knew how badly I needed this stroller until I received this product as part of the Stellar Testing Panel! From the start, this stroller was everything I didn?t know I needed! It assembled very easily?just pop in the wheels. We received this stroller during the beginning of the quarantine period, and it is one of the few things keeping our sanity! Trying to juggle two parents working from home and a very active toddler has been difficult, and this stroller kept our sanity. It ensured both my husband and I got a run in daily. The bonus was that the ride is so smooth, our toddler took a nap every time we were out!
Some of the features I love about this stroller are:
1) The oversized canopy. This thing is amazing!! If the baby fell asleep, we kept the sun (and bugs, noises and/or rain) from waking him with this down. Don?t worry, you can still keep an eye on the little one with the peep window!
2) All of the pockets!! There is a zipper pocket at the top, by the handle, which is perfect for your phone and keys! There are two more along the seat back for your water bottles. There are two more pockets at the sides of the cushioned seat. I didn?t have to worry about constantly grabbing water for my son, or him losing the cup if he just had it next to him.
3) The oversized basket that zips at the bottom. This thing is big enough to hold multiple stroller blankets, a jacket, boogie wipes, and more! I love that it zips so nothing gets lost if you take a sharp turn, and bonus, nothing gets wet if it is raining!
4) The ability to collapse/fold it with one hand, so it is easily stored when not in use.
5) The safety features, like the wrist strap, hand brake, and foot brake. I didn?t have to worry about losing control, even if the uneven terrain made the jog any less smooth (which it didn?t!)
There are only 2 cons I can think of for this stroller. One is that the canopy has a slight gap at the sides rather than being fully connected to the stroller, so wind or rain could possibly get through. It is so slight I really wasn?t worried. The other is that the window has a magnetic closure to keep it closed, but not to keep it open. I had the window fly closed if I did not tuck the cover up tight enough.
Overall, I am so happy with this stroller I have put any others I have into retirement! This is definitely worth the investment if you are considering purchasing! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
An almost perfect Jogging Stroller
This was our first Bob stroller, something we have wanted for a while but have not taken the plunge on until now. We are so thankful to Steller Review panel for letting us be a part of the review of this stroller, and providing us with this awesome stroller to test out.
Overall: LOVE IT!!!! It has made me want to start running again because it is just so easy to use and maneuver. My son is comfortable (18 months old) and it's very comfortable for the one who is doing the pushing. I finally see why they are such loved strollers. Down the road, when we hopefully have another child, we will definitely invest in a double bob stroller, no questions asked.
Here are our pros and cons; the cons are more of "suggestions" or ways to maybe improve, but not deal breakers.
- Packaging was wonderful, no damage from shipping, easy to open and set up.
- The storage compartment is wonderful. Roomy and the addition of the zipper makes a world of difference. No concern with items falling out both while running or while transporting. Plenty of room for essentials during extended outings. Structured bottom is also a really nice feature.
- Tire pressure out of the box is a good all-terrain pressure. You may want to let some air out if doing more off roading (tried it out on some sand with our about 27 pound kid with no real issue). Paved surfaces and and gravel gave no me problems.
- Locking wheel gave some extra traction and ease while off roading (recommended in the user guide). Also, I had no issue 'turning" the stroller while in the locked position on a paved path. Could potentially see trouble with this as weight of child increases?
- Seat padding: our kid has never been more comfortable. He has napped multiple times while riding and actually gets excited to get in his stroller. The seat seems to hold him in a very comfortable position (no problems during 2 hour walks).
- The shade length and design is great. The adjustability has been nice while also providing extra SPF and rain protection.
- The handle bar adjustments are easy. The handle bar itself is very comfortable.
- If you need to "rest" while walking, you can raise the handle bar and lean a considerable amount of you weight on them. This probably wont be recommended by BOB, but it works!
- The mesh stretchy pockets inside the child seat are perfect for snacks and toys and can easily be accessed by both child and parent.
- The sun shade slide lock on one side wasn't all the way up when sliding the shade off and it broke with ease. Not a big deal.
- Hand brake lever is pretty uncomfortable and very difficult to squeeze. The brake lever started to create "hot spots" on my hand not long after experimenting with it. Add a little sweat and hills and you're looking at blisters for sure. What I would really like to see is more of a mountain bike style brake lever made out of aluminum. The cable also really needs some grease due to it being very resistant.
- Another thing I noticed was when the stroller would lean more to the right (curb, hard turn or an uneven path), there was a noticeable grinding noise. Upon inspection I noticed it was coming from the parking brake rod on the right side making contact with the grooves on the inside of the wheel for the rod to go in and lock the wheel. Not a big deal, but it sounds like a big deal. Probably would shorten that parking brake rod; may do it myself.
- The seat back adjustment was a little difficult one handed and I had to stop and use both hands to lay my kid down. I also needed both hands to raise it back up. Not sure if there is a better way to design this feature, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. I also wish the straps would not hang and flop so much when the seat back is in full upright position; but they can be tucked in to the pockets fairly easily. Again, not that big of a deal.
- My kid gets very hot. It's spring time in NC and I've noticed that he is already very warm in the seat. I would love to see some mesh incorporated into the seat back for "breathability" so he was cooler. Another idea; if there was a strip of mesh where the seat base meets the seat back, you could easily brush sand and dirt right out the back of the seat.
- The back pockets on the seat back are nice but if you lay the seat down there is potential for items to fall out and you can't get to them.
- I do wish the stroller was a bit lighter to load in and out of my car, however I know that if you sacrifice weight, you lose ride quality.
- Lastly, I don't like that when you fold the stroller up, the handle bars are all over the ground. Again, not sure how to improve that, nor is it a deal breaker.
Thanks for an awesome stroller and keep making the best stroller out there! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
The kiddos and I have been enjoying going for runs in our new jogging stroller! This stroller provides a smooth ride for not only the kiddo riding, but is also super easy to push and maneuver for the runner as well. I love the large canopy to keep your little one dry or protected from the sun. One of my favorite features is how easy this stroller is to fold up and store... it stands up all on its own when folded. The front lock wheel, five-point harness, hand brake, and safety wrist strap make this stroller extremely safe while out on a run! Thank you to the Stellar Product Testing Panel for this amazing jogging stroller! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
A runners dream!
Thanks to the Stellar Product Testing Panel for sending the BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller. This is the mother of all jogging strollers. The maneuverability is incredible on every type of surface. I love all the storage it comes with and once I figured out how to open and close it, it was so easy and loved the fact that I only needed one hand to do it. The only reason I wouldn?t give 5 stars is because of how heavy the stroller is. It?s definitely not easy to get in and out of a car if you?re taking it on trails or places like that. It?s a beast but if you are only using it from time to time or around the neighborhood then it probably wouldn?t be a big deal. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Looks awesome, but decent (not great) quality
Bought this June 2020 (manufactured March 2020). I noticed most of the reviews on here are from people who got it for free.
Pros: comfortable seat, great suspension, great look, and easy to collapse
Cons: canopy does not cover the sides of the stroller leaving a gap where the sun gets in (see pictures), auto-lock made out of cheap rubber, hand brake is stiff, and engaging the foot brake causes you to slightly slam you toes into the frame.
I still love it and will keep it. Don't expect an overall amazing stroller, it has its issues.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question