I received this stroller as part of the Stellar Product Testing Panel. I have used other BOB products and so far this is my favorite. They have completely redesigned with this model. Being a runner I found the Alterrain being great for handling all different kinds of terrain. The shocks help with bumpy, rocky trail. The handbrake is a nice feature though I have found that I have not needed to use it. I am known for loosing stuff so the zip-top cargo basket is a nice bonus. One thing that I did noticed that could be annoying is the brake cord getting in the way of trying to get into the cargo bin. Instead of having a pull-cord to collapse there is a handle near the foot well that you push in and twist. This handle allows for an easier and more sturdy means of grabbing and lifting the stroller. The canopy pulls down with ease with nice coverage, has a magnetic flap for the peek-a-boo window, mesh for ventilation and a flap along the back with a zipper pocket.The canopy can be detached easily if need be. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
About This Item
- Handbrake for Downhill Control SmoothShox® Suspension System
- Air-Filled Tires Swivel-Locking Front Wheel
- Adjustable Front Wheel Tracking
- Durable Lightweight Aluminum Frame
- One-Hand, One-Step, Quick Standing Fold Carry Handle
- Plastic/Mesh Peek & Chat Canopy Window with Magnetic Closure
- XL Zip-Top Cargo Basket 5 Pockets (2 in-seat, 2 seat-back, 1 phone pocket at handlebar)
- One-Hand Recline Adjustment
- Tool-Free Front Wheel Installation
- Easy-Remove Rear Wheels
- Adjustable Handlebar
- Fully Upright Seating
- Near-Flat Recline
- Ultra-Padded, Compression Comfort Ventilated Seatback & Canopy Padded Foam Handlebar (includes bumpers for standing fold durability)
- Fabric Technology: All-Weather, Waterproof Canopy, Durable Water-Restistent Seat & Basket, Reflective Accents
Has Brakes, Lockable Front Swivel, Multiple Recline Seat Adjustment, Has Suspension System, Five Point Safety Harness, Multiple Seat Recline, Has Front Locking Wheels, 3 Wheeled, Has Safety Tether Strap, Adjustable Handlebar, 5-point Safety Harness, One Hand Fold, Has Canopy, Has Storage Basket
Britax Child Safety, Inc
|Manufacturer Part Number|
|Assembled Product Weight|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
46.00 x 25.50 x 45.50 Inches
All Around great stroller
The BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller is really well made. There are a lot of little details that put this stroller over the top. I have a 16 month old daughter who loves going for walks. The child seat is nicely padded, has pockets for toys or snacks, and can be reclined. I typically walk on a grass path so I love the suspension system. It allows my daughter to have a much smoother ride. It also pushes much easier through the bumpy, grassy path than any other stroller I have used for off roading which makes it a much more enjoyable walk for me as well. When using this stroller on the road or sidewalk, it just glides! If I am jogging, I barely feel like I have to push and I can just hold the jogging strap. I absolutely love the lockable front wheel that way I can use it easily for walking or jogging. The huge canopy top is wonderful for the ever changing weather in Ohio. The other day it started out sunny and warm, and by the end of our walk it was cool and rainy. The canopy top kept my daughter dry and warm from the rain, and thankfully I had a blanket in the zip top cargo basket. I feel like no detail has been overlooked from the safety features to the extra pockets it's an all around great stroller. Thank you Stellar Product Testing Panel for providing me with this stroller! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
An almost perfect Jogging Stroller
This was our first Bob stroller, something we have wanted for a while but have not taken the plunge on until now. We are so thankful to Steller Review panel for letting us be a part of the review of this stroller, and providing us with this awesome stroller to test out.
Overall: LOVE IT!!!! It has made me want to start running again because it is just so easy to use and maneuver. My son is comfortable (18 months old) and it's very comfortable for the one who is doing the pushing. I finally see why they are such loved strollers. Down the road, when we hopefully have another child, we will definitely invest in a double bob stroller, no questions asked.
Here are our pros and cons; the cons are more of "suggestions" or ways to maybe improve, but not deal breakers.
- Packaging was wonderful, no damage from shipping, easy to open and set up.
- The storage compartment is wonderful. Roomy and the addition of the zipper makes a world of difference. No concern with items falling out both while running or while transporting. Plenty of room for essentials during extended outings. Structured bottom is also a really nice feature.
- Tire pressure out of the box is a good all-terrain pressure. You may want to let some air out if doing more off roading (tried it out on some sand with our about 27 pound kid with no real issue). Paved surfaces and and gravel gave no me problems.
- Locking wheel gave some extra traction and ease while off roading (recommended in the user guide). Also, I had no issue 'turning" the stroller while in the locked position on a paved path. Could potentially see trouble with this as weight of child increases?
- Seat padding: our kid has never been more comfortable. He has napped multiple times while riding and actually gets excited to get in his stroller. The seat seems to hold him in a very comfortable position (no problems during 2 hour walks).
- The shade length and design is great. The adjustability has been nice while also providing extra SPF and rain protection.
- The handle bar adjustments are easy. The handle bar itself is very comfortable.
- If you need to "rest" while walking, you can raise the handle bar and lean a considerable amount of you weight on them. This probably wont be recommended by BOB, but it works!
- The mesh stretchy pockets inside the child seat are perfect for snacks and toys and can easily be accessed by both child and parent.
- The sun shade slide lock on one side wasn't all the way up when sliding the shade off and it broke with ease. Not a big deal.
- Hand brake lever is pretty uncomfortable and very difficult to squeeze. The brake lever started to create "hot spots" on my hand not long after experimenting with it. Add a little sweat and hills and you're looking at blisters for sure. What I would really like to see is more of a mountain bike style brake lever made out of aluminum. The cable also really needs some grease due to it being very resistant.
- Another thing I noticed was when the stroller would lean more to the right (curb, hard turn or an uneven path), there was a noticeable grinding noise. Upon inspection I noticed it was coming from the parking brake rod on the right side making contact with the grooves on the inside of the wheel for the rod to go in and lock the wheel. Not a big deal, but it sounds like a big deal. Probably would shorten that parking brake rod; may do it myself.
- The seat back adjustment was a little difficult one handed and I had to stop and use both hands to lay my kid down. I also needed both hands to raise it back up. Not sure if there is a better way to design this feature, but it's definitely not a deal breaker. I also wish the straps would not hang and flop so much when the seat back is in full upright position; but they can be tucked in to the pockets fairly easily. Again, not that big of a deal.
- My kid gets very hot. It's spring time in NC and I've noticed that he is already very warm in the seat. I would love to see some mesh incorporated into the seat back for "breathability" so he was cooler. Another idea; if there was a strip of mesh where the seat base meets the seat back, you could easily brush sand and dirt right out the back of the seat.
- The back pockets on the seat back are nice but if you lay the seat down there is potential for items to fall out and you can't get to them.
- I do wish the stroller was a bit lighter to load in and out of my car, however I know that if you sacrifice weight, you lose ride quality.
- Lastly, I don't like that when you fold the stroller up, the handle bars are all over the ground. Again, not sure how to improve that, nor is it a deal breaker.
Thanks for an awesome stroller and keep making the best stroller out there! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
We have had this stroller for just shy of a month now and both my husband and I love it! It adjusts to both our 2.5 year old and 1 year old well (both of which are tall). It handles our very hilly neighborhood well, and is far easier to push than our other stroller. I love the coverage of the canopy for our little one depending on our needs, and that we can tuck the flap up and peek in on her! Initially I worried not having a snack tray might be inconvenient, but the mesh pockets on either side actually work far better anyway! Multiple zippered storage compartments throughout the stroller offer great options for phone, small water bottle, or bigger gear below. The folding mechanism varies from what I'm used to, but after a time or two I found it very easy. More difficult steering even a small amount when the front wheel is locked, but just takes some getting used to. When not running and the front wheel unlocked, it maneuvers great. We have four young children so family walks usually require more than one stroller, and my husband and I are always racing to claim the BOB first! The adjustable handle bar makes switching back and forth (a 9” height difference) very quick. I received this Stroller from the Stellar Product Testing Panel. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
I received this jog stroller to try from the Stellar Product Testing Panel and it could not have come at a better time. As I am stuck in the house with two small kids for the foreseeable future, getting out for a run while taking one of the kids with me helps relieve stress for both me and my husband. My 3.5-year-old begs to go for a run everyday. She doesn't like to have the canopy down, but I can easily take it off so that the mesh doesn't graze her head. The shocks on this stroller are amazing. We can go from sidewalk to street to grass without worrying about jostling. At first I didn't like that the safety strap was on the left side as I wear my FitBit on my left arm and pump that arm while running, but I soon realized that it he strap is long enough to reach my right wrist with no problems. This stroller is incredibly lightweight and was easy to set up by myself. I had to refer to the user manual to figure out how the seat reclines, but once I figured that out, it was really easy to do. The 5-point harness seems really comfortable. I love this stroller!! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Sturdy, safe, sleek, and smooth!
I am a huge fan of this stroller! I'll start with the pros - there are a lot of them (!), with just a couple of cons.
Pro #1: The BOB Alterrain Pro is extremely sturdy and well-constructed. You can just see and feel that it was made with high-quality materials, and built with safety in mind with multiple components in place to prevent accidents. In particular, the front wheel swivel lock is really well-designed to keep from accidentally tipping over. And I appreciate that the manual called out that the installation of the front wheel should leave an imprint on your hand, otherwise it's not on tight enough. I also love that the canopy has UPF protection and is waterproof. I took the stroller out on a pretty heavy rain day, and my child stayed completely comfortable and dry!
Pro #2: This stroller provided the smoothest jog/run I've ever experienced. It was AMAZING. Pushing my 5 year old felt just as easy as pushing my 8 month old baby! It literally just felt like air, like pushing nothing. I liked that I could focus on me and the run, and not feel like the stroller was weighing me down.
Pro #3: Okay, so I might be a little biased because my wardrobe generally consists of all black clothing, but I LOVED the all black sleek design of All-Weather Black. It matches me perfectly and looks soooo good.
Pro #4: Little features in this stroller make a huge difference. For example, the canopy skylight has a magnetic flap that I love because I can flip it up quickly with one hand to check on my child, and then flip it back. I also appreciate that it's quiet and doesn't make a loud ripping noise if baby falls asleep. The zipper pocket behind the canopy is perfect for my phone and keys. And lastly, the zipper cargo basket is such a nice touch - it's huge and I love that I can hide away any mess of stuff that we happen to be toting along.
Con #1: The stroller is great for off-roading on a relatively smooth and wide dirt path, but I took it on a trail with a lot of roots, and it was a little challenging to keep the stroller steady. I ended up needing to pick up the back wheels to make it through, and being that the stroller is pretty heavy, this wasn't ideal.
Con #2: I struggled a bit with turning while jogging. I either had to take really wide turns, or when things got particularly narrow, I had to make a couple three point turns.
Despite the cons, I absolutely love taking this stroller out, and my kids love it too! I cannot get over how easy and smooth it is to push, a huge credit to the suspension system! And if you are like me and would like to feel like you're on a kid-free run (even for just five minutes before they start asking for a snack...again), then this is the stroller for you!! Thanks to the Stellar Product Testing Panel for providing me with this stroller! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
The Only Stroller You Need!
I never knew how badly I needed this stroller until I received this product as part of the Stellar Testing Panel! From the start, this stroller was everything I didn't know I needed! It assembled very easily—just pop in the wheels. We received this stroller during the beginning of the quarantine period, and it is one of the few things keeping our sanity! Trying to juggle two parents working from home and a very active toddler has been difficult, and this stroller kept our sanity. It ensured both my husband and I got a run in daily. The bonus was that the ride is so smooth, our toddler took a nap every time we were out!
Some of the features I love about this stroller are:
1) The oversized canopy. This thing is amazing!! If the baby fell asleep, we kept the sun (and bugs, noises and/or rain) from waking him with this down. Don't worry, you can still keep an eye on the little one with the peep window!
2) All of the pockets!! There is a zipper pocket at the top, by the handle, which is perfect for your phone and keys! There are two more along the seat back for your water bottles. There are two more pockets at the sides of the cushioned seat. I didn't have to worry about constantly grabbing water for my son, or him losing the cup if he just had it next to him.
3) The oversized basket that zips at the bottom. This thing is big enough to hold multiple stroller blankets, a jacket, boogie wipes, and more! I love that it zips so nothing gets lost if you take a sharp turn, and bonus, nothing gets wet if it is raining!
4) The ability to collapse/fold it with one hand, so it is easily stored when not in use.
5) The safety features, like the wrist strap, hand brake, and foot brake. I didn't have to worry about losing control, even if the uneven terrain made the jog any less smooth (which it didn't!)
There are only 2 cons I can think of for this stroller. One is that the canopy has a slight gap at the sides rather than being fully connected to the stroller, so wind or rain could possibly get through. It is so slight I really wasn't worried. The other is that the window has a magnetic closure to keep it closed, but not to keep it open. I had the window fly closed if I did not tuck the cover up tight enough.
Overall, I am so happy with this stroller I have put any others I have into retirement! This is definitely worth the investment if you are considering purchasing! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
I'm a fan!
I always told myself, we don't need a jogging stroller. We don't jog THAT much. However, after receiving a new BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller as part of the Stellar Product Testing Panel, I can now see all the advantages of having one, especially this one!
Once we made it through the assembly process, which took about 15 minutes, we were ready to go. The very large, reflective, wheels would be perfect for the everyday stroll through the neighborhood as well as a face paced run through the park, no matter the terrain. The suspension system and padded seat keeps our little one nice and comfortable. So comfortable that we can get longer sessions in without so much as a peep from the little one. Plus the little kid pockets inside the seat area provides a great place to store a snack and a drink.
We haven't had to use it yet, but the hand brake is conveniently located right at the adjustable handle bars. However, someone with larger hands may need to adjust their grip position so they don't get caught up in the brake line or brake line assembly. It would have be awesome to see that hardware and brake line integrated into the frame somehow.
Overall we are very satisfied with stroller and so glad we have one. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
A runners dream!
Thanks to the Stellar Product Testing Panel for sending the BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller. This is the mother of all jogging strollers. The maneuverability is incredible on every type of surface. I love all the storage it comes with and once I figured out how to open and close it, it was so easy and loved the fact that I only needed one hand to do it. The only reason I wouldn?t give 5 stars is because of how heavy the stroller is. It?s definitely not easy to get in and out of a car if you?re taking it on trails or places like that. It?s a beast but if you are only using it from time to time or around the neighborhood then it probably wouldn?t be a big deal. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Looks awesome, but decent (not great) quality
Bought this June 2020 (manufactured March 2020). I noticed most of the reviews on here are from people who got it for free.
Pros: comfortable seat, great suspension, great look, and easy to collapse
Cons: canopy does not cover the sides of the stroller leaving a gap where the sun gets in (see pictures), auto-lock made out of cheap rubber, hand brake is stiff, and engaging the foot brake causes you to slightly slam you toes into the frame.
I still love it and will keep it. Don't expect an overall amazing stroller, it has its issues.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question