Works great. Cooked perfect rice every time. I have used it for both Uncle Ben's rice and Mahatma Bismati Rice. 8 uses so far, with no issues. Easy cleaning, and you can't beat the price.
BLACK+DECKER 6-Cup Rice Cooker with Steaming Basket, White, RC506
- Add Walmart protection plan powered by Allstate
Arrives by Mon, Oct 26
- 6-Cup Capacity - Prepare anywhere from 1 to 6 cups of cooked rice, great for small or large meals, and for leftovers.
- Automatic Keep Warm - The rice stays ready for serving! The rice cooker automatically switches to the ?keep warm? function after cooking is complete.
- Nonstick Rice Pot - The nonstick rice pot is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup.
About This Item
Dinner is easier with the BLACK+DECKER 6-Cup Electric Rice Cooker. Cooking takes just 20-30 minutes, and the unit keeps the delicious, fluffy rice ready to serve long after cooking is complete with an automatic keep warm function. Use it as a food steamer, too! The included steaming basket lets you prepare healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more. Cleanup is a cinch with the dishwasher-safe, nonstick rice pot and tempered glass lid. Plus, you can use the electric cooker to prepare soups, stews, and even oatmeal! With a 1 to 6-cup capacity, this electric rice cooker is great for small and large servings.
BLACK+DECKER 6-Cup Rice Cooker with Steaming Basket, White, RC506:
- 6-Cup Capacity: Prepare anywhere from 1 to 6 cups of cooked rice, great for one large meal or to save as leftovers.
- Automatic Keep Warm: The rice stays ready for serving! The unit automatically switches to the ?keep warm? function after cooking is complete.
- Removable Nonstick Bowl: The nonstick cooking bowl is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup.
- Steaming Basket: The included steaming basket lets you make healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more.
- Measuring Cup and Spoon Included: The measuring cup makes it easy to cook the perfect amount of rice, and the plastic serving spoon prevents accidental scratches to the nonstick bowl.
- Indicator Lights: Different colored lights show when the unit is cooking rice or keeping it warm.
- Tempered Glass Lid: The durable glass lid gives you a look in at rice during cooking with a cool-touch plastic handle for easy removal.
- Built-In Lid Holder: The built-in holder props the lid conveniently on either of the side handles.
- Steam Vent: The cooker lets off steam at the perfect pace with a small vent in the lid.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol-A, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Explore this item
Customer reviews & ratings
Easy to use, simple to clean
I really like this it's awesome to start my rice while I'm doing other things in the house and it stays warm only thing is if it stays warm too long it gets a little overcooked on the bottom
We are surprised how much we fell in love with the rice cooker because both my wife and I are excellent conventional rice cookers prior to the purchase. We love IT!
- Ease of use
- Value for money
- For rice
Small and Easy to use
Makes up to 3 cups rice. Easy to use. Small enough to tuck away in cabinet. Easy to clean. Rices comes out perfect everytime. Also steams veggies. Would recommend.
Good Product; Too Small - Get the Larger One
Our previous Black+Decker rice cooker was 8 cups, but when it finally broke after a long life, I was disappointed to see that I could only replace it with a 6-cup model or a 14-cup model. They were nearly the same price, so I went with the smaller one in the interest of space. This is a bad idea, because even though we do not make much rice, the bowl is far too small even for a single cup of rice without boiling over and making a huge mess. The larger model would have much more room for the water to boil up without getting all over the countertop.
It's a 3 cup rice cooker* NOT 6
The box says 6 cup but it's a 3 cup rice cooker, It's kinda small -_-
This cooker is automatic. Turns off when the rice is ‘cooked'. I've followed the directions but every time i use it it burns the rice on the bottom. I don't understand why but I've tried various trouble shooting, still burns.
Just use a pot on the stove.
Easier to just use a pot with a tight lid! The directions want you to monitor the cooker in case the cooker boils over, in case it finishes cooking before going to warm setting, to make sure the rice is cooked enough and not too much.It took almost 1/3 longer to cook the rice and it still didn't switch to warm. Having followed the quantities and directions exactly, my Jasmin rice was a sticky, gooy mess. I bought it so it would do the work and the rice would come out perfectly.I didn't know that I would have to stand over it the whole time. I wish I could return this piece of junk, but I don't feel safe going into any store right now (Covid- 19). The rice doesn't get steamed, it gets boiled. Walmart did it's part, though, and delivered it 2 days early.
Wrong label/wrong size sent
Did not get to use rice cooker. Site description says rice cooker is 6-cup, however when cooker arrived it is a 3-cup cooker. Very disappointing. Now after trying to avoid going out because of COVID-19, now I am forced to do so as now I have to do return.
Not a good choice
Boiling over all the time
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question