Check out these related products
- $11.71 Was $12.48Save $0.77
- $19.63 Was $21.29Save $1.66
- $9.61 List price $14.99Save $5.38
- $18.51 Was $21.34Save $2.83
- $9.62 List price $14.99Save $5.37
- $10.60 Was $12.41Save $1.81
- $9.75 List price $16.00Save $6.25
- $15.30 Was $16.12Save $0.82
- $15.79 Was $16.64Save $0.85
- $15.36 Was $29.99Save $14.63
- $18.80 List price $26.00Save $7.20
- $14.28 List price $16.00Save $1.72
- $13.91 List price $19.95Save $6.04
- $15.94 List price $17.99Save $2.05
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
AT HOME IN THE WORLD 
"New York Times" bestselling author of "Labor Day
"With a New Preface
When it was first published in 1998, "At Home in the World "set off a furor in the literary world and beyond. Joyce Maynard's memoir broke a silence concerning her relationship--at age eighteen--with J.D. Salinger, the famously reclusive author of "The Catcher in the Rye, " then age fifty-three, who had read a story she wrote for "The New York Times" in her freshman year of college and sent her a letter that changed her life. Reviewers called her book "shameless" and "powerful" and its author was simultaneously reviled and cheered.
With what some have viewed as shocking honesty, Maynard explores her coming of age in an alcoholic family, her mother's dream to mold her into a writer, her self-imposed exile from the world of her peers when she left Yale to live with Salinger, and her struggle to reclaim her sense of self in the crushing aftermath of his dismissal of her not long after her nineteenth birthday. A quarter of a century later--having become a writer, survived the end of her marriage and the deaths of her parents, and with an eighteen-year-old daughter of her own--Maynard pays a visit to the man who broke her heart. The story she tells--of the girl she was and the woman she became--is at once devastating, inspiring, and triumphant.
|Number of Pages:||375|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||St Martins Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $20.83 List price $35.00Save $14.17
- $17.66 List price $27.99Save $10.33
- $11.06 List price $16.00Save $4.94
- $16.65 List price $27.99Save $11.34
- $17.83 List price $24.99Save $7.16
- $7.43 List price $7.99Save $0.56
- $9.52 List price $15.00Save $5.48
- $7.80 List price $9.99Save $2.19