I've only had these Arm& Hammer bags hanging in my bedroom closets for 1 week at the time of this review and with that said I can assure you that they do indeed work well. My home is pretty dry with a brand new AC system with the humidity in the home never above 50% yet these bags still were able to absorb approximately 2 tablespoons of moisture in that short period of time. They come 2 in a pack medium size bags that have little crystals that will dissolve as they collect moisture which accumulates into the clear bag. Once all crystals dissolve then you discard and hang another bag. These bags claim to last approximately 60 days and can be used just about anywhere and will help keep musty odors out of your home. They do not put out any fragrance instead they help soak up musty odors and will help keep dampness off clothes leaving them fresh.If you have a humidity problem in your home you need these bags. I promise you they work. If they can pull moisture out of my home with a humidity range of 30-45% then they will most certainly work in a home with higher humidity levels.
About This Item
- Arm & Hammer Hanging Moisture Absorber and Odor Eliminator gets rid of musty odors and freshens air in closets.
- Musty smells are eliminated as the bag absorbs odor-causing excess moisture in the air.
- These air freshener bags can be used in closets, bathrooms, laundry rooms, mud rooms, basements, storage rooms, stored boats and stored RVs – where you can hang them.
- Each of the two 16-ounce bags have a long-lasting freshness for up to 60 days. Duration will vary based on temperature and humidity.
- To use, simply hang in closet or storage where moisture is a problem. After the crystals are dissolved, discard the bag and replace.
- Create clean, fresh air in damp spaces.
- Two 16-ounce hanging bags are included in each pack for continuous moisture control. Bags are activated as soon as they are unwrapped.
- Available in Fragrance Free and Clean Burst scent
Arm & Hammer
|Manufacturer Part Number|
WM Barr & Co
|Assembled Product Weight|
Arm& Hammer 2 pack Moisture Absorbing Hanging Bags
Seems to have improved smell in musky closet
I had been trying to just air out the closet by opening the door and putting a fan in the door to improve air circulation. I did that for almost a week and the smell definitely improved but it was still quite musky and I knew it would go right back to the way it was when I closed the door. Tried these and they finished the job in just a couple days. I left them in there for two weeks and then threw them away. Two more weeks later (after throwing them away), the closet now has a kind of mild fresh laundry scent and no musk. Just keep in mind that the airing out the closet got me 70% of the way there, and these got the remaining 30% to a fresh smelling closet. But I would definitely recommend these to anyone with an area with a little musk. They freshen up that scent very quickly.
So far I've had these hanging in two closets and that have drew out some moisture in the house. Ironically we actually have a dehumidifier as well. The smell of these are great and makes the closet smell good. It says it can last up to 60 days...we will see
Does the job!
I received the Arm and Hammer Moisture Absorbing Hanging Bags as a member of the Walmart Spark Reviewer Program. I placed one of the 2 bags in a closet where I am storing winter clothes and was pleasantly surprised at the how quickly the musty odor disappeared. They claim to last 60 days and so far within 3 days it has collected approximately 3 tablespoons of water. Super easy, literally open the package and hang it, toss it once the crystals are gone and the bag is full.
Great for musty closet spaces
I put these moisture absorbing bags in my mother's closet to help with the musty smell that all of her clothes were beginning to acquire. She lives in a damp region right next to a river that makes the entire house prone to dampness.
I usually have to clean the entire closet out with vinegar water once a month to keep on top of the mold and musty smell. After placing these bags in the closet, it seems to have cut down on the need to do this -- it has now been a month and the closet smells fresh and the walls are not collecting mold. The bags are also quite full of water.
They likely will have to be replaced often to keep the dampness down, but for my needs it is completely worth it.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question