Similar items in stock
Apricorn Universal Hard Drive Adapter
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Ensure a stable connection between your computers and successfully transfer every file with the Apricorn Universal Hard Drive Adapter. This device is suited for moving different types of data from a desktop or a notebook PC to a new hard drive in just a few simple steps. The USB hard drive adapter comes with a SATA connector for SATA hard drives, a 44-pin connector that is compatible with a 2.5" PATA/IDE hard drive, and a 40-pin connector for a 3.5" PATA/IDE hard drive. This item has a portable design and has no enclosure, which allows you to connect the adapter directly to the hard drive. Supported by hard drive cloning software, this SATA hard drive adapter creates an exact replica of your hard drive, so you can say goodbye to transferring your files one by one. You also don't need plug-n-play drivers when using it with Windows XP / 2000 or Mac OS.
Apricorn Universal Hard Drive Adapter:
- USB hard drive adapter has a portable design with no enclosure; just connect adapter directly to hard drive
- Hard drive cloning software creates an exact duplicate of your hard drive
- Hybrid adapter that connects to any 2.5" or 3.5'' IDE/PATA or SATA hard drive
- Plug-n-play drivers not required for Windows XP / 2000 or Mac OS
- SATA hard drive adapter reduces the risk of missing files you need to transfer to another computer
|Manufacturer Part Number:||ADW-USB-KIT|
|Connector Type:||44 pin PATA/IDE|
|Features:||Portable design , Plug-n-Play , Warranty: 1 Lear Limited|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. What comes with a purchase of this adapter? Just the adapter? Or do the necessary cables come with it as well (such as ac adapter and usb cable)?
- I got the adapter, small cable from adapter to USB, power supply that steps down the voltage needed. The power supply works with the old 3 prong power supplies and the new ones that do not have the 3 prong plug. It has a CD but not necessary with simple HDD hook ups and a small instruction sheet. I never used the CD. Good Luckby Sastesni5/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You get the device, AC power supply, and USB cable.by OpenxTek8/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- USB cable and external power supply are provided.by w8qn7/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- All the necessary cables, a power cord, the usb cable and software. You don't need to install the software if you know what you are doing in Explorer.by CraftyMomma23411/8/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You get the adapter, power supply and cord, a USB cable, CD with the clone program on it and instructions on using everything.by LadyStarBaar4/30/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Comes all cables and AC adapter. All it is the part,USB cord, and AC adapter. Very easy and no worries.by movementwithj2/28/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no adapter needed. it is powered fromthe computerby princessmuffy1/19/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Adapter, USB cable and AC power cable all come with it. Also software for cloning your hard drive.by SDShack2/7/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- all that you mentioned is included. The AC cable and the USB cable. You don't need anything else. Please read the manual, it will help you understand how to plug the power supply. For old H.D, you plug the power directly into the H.D not the adapter.by Hitch6912/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I thought about this. After I cleaned the HDD I had recovered, I realized I can leave it attached to the computer and use it as an external drive. Even if it isn't attached all the time, I can attach it anytime and use the old HDD as an external drive. And, with two drives I recovered data from, I can change the HDD's and have two external drives. IT's a good idea because after you use the adapter, you really may not need it again. So, this is a way to make it useful. It would work for sure... Good Luckby Sastesni5/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes - Adapter will allow you to use any hdd as an external hard drive. The only caveat is that their is not cover or case for the drive.by w8qn7/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It can be done if you trust the reliability of your old hard drive, it just won't look pretty. The connection is not super fast, but it will get the job done.by CraftyMomma23411/8/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, just be careful of making sure that the adapter stays in good contact with the drive. In this case, some duct tape might be the magic glue to keep it all ship-shape.by NotYetDeadElvis3/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As long you don't drop,spill,or anything with your hard drive it be fine. The adapter is good, but you can't watch movies, transfer, and everything at once. You might noticed a movie will freeze a second if you multi task with your hard drive hooked up with this adapter. Still a very good product and for the priceby movementwithj2/28/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think you COULD do this, but I don't think you want to if you are trying to use this extra hard drive on a daily basis. I view the Apricorn Adapter as a one-time transfer tool to move data from a hard drive to another hard drive. Either to recover files, or to back up files. I don't think it is designed to be used daily to run an operational "external" hard drive on a pc.by SDShack12/10/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It can surely be used as an external H.D. as long as you have a USB port available. The H.D my get hot, but the adapter remains at room temperature all the time. I don't believe it will burn out due to usage.by Hitch6912/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can use this as an external drive, but I would recommend a drive encloser instead of this device for permanent external drive use.by OpenxTek4/25/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Can I remove the hard drive and use this device to get into files I want from the hard drive?
- Yes, I did exactly that when my motherboard caught fire and really did burn out. It worked great and attaching the HDD to the adapter is easy and so is recovering the lost files. Box comes with everything you need. Don't worry about that. Power supply, cables, adapter and instructions are all there. Out of the box, about 10 minutes to figure it out and retrieve data. It was that easy. Even a cave man can do it. Good Luckby Sastesni1/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes - the adapter is designed to interface a HDD to a computer via a usb port. It will look like the drive in you computer when connected.by w8qn7/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by NotYetDeadElvis3/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes,should workby movementwithj2/28/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this is exactly what this device is designed to do. In my case, my laptop hard drive crashed and Windows XP would not load. I removed the laptop hard drive, attached it to the Apricorn Adapter, then attached it to my desktop pc using the USB interface. The Apricorn Adapter has an AC power adapter to power everything. I used the Apricorn Adapter like a big USB flash drive with Windows Explorer. I just dragged the files I wanted from the bad laptop hard drive to my desktop pc under a folder I created. Then I got a new laptop hard drive preloaded with Windows XP, and installed it. Then I re-installed all my software applications. Finally, I transferred my personal files from my desktop pc to the new laptop hard drive using a USB flash drive. I probably could have saved some time and effort by just cloning the old laptop hard drive using the EZgig software that came with the Apricorn Adapter, but my Windows XP operating system had a lot of bugs in it because it came from a locked down office network so I wanted a clean install. So that is why I didn't want to clone it.by SDShack3/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Absolutely. It works great!by OpenxTek4/25/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes this is exactly what this device is used for.by qws1233/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I had a hard drive failure and my data was recoverable with this device. The device was plugged into my 2.5" PATA laptop hard drive then connected to a different computer via a USB cable. My data was displayed in the Windows Explorer menu (just as if I had attached an flash drive) and from there it was transferred to an external hard drive. I see no reason why your files couldn't be saved on your new computer. I hope this helps.by ANONYMOUSinNYS8/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (3)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- $15.98 Was $17.20Save $1.22
- $15.55 Was $20.74Save $5.19
- $8.99 Was $9.99Save $1.00
- from $3.98
- $79.00 List price $202.00Save $123.00