Check out these related products
- $25.39 List price $27.95Save $2.56
- $53.40 List price $59.95Save $6.55
- $15.23 List price $24.95Save $9.72
- $15.30 Was $16.95Save $1.65
- $27.98 List price $34.95Save $6.97
- $25.24 Was $31.85Save $6.61
- $53.99 List price $79.95Save $25.96
- $44.31 List price $59.95Save $15.64
- $52.89 List price $59.95Save $7.06
- $57.72 List price $79.95Save $22.23
- $43.54 List price $59.95Save $16.41
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
AND ALL THEIR GLORY PAST
And All Their Glory Past is the story of the last major battles of the War of 1812 in the northern theatre (the U.S.-Canada frontier), which were fought in the summer and autumn of 1814.
The first of these actions is the 53-day siege of Fort Erie, which incurred more casualties than the better known battle of New Orleans in some of the most vicious fighting of the entire war. The Americans besieged in the fort on the Canadian side of the Niagara River succeeded in driving off the British attacks but finally decided to withdraw across the border before the onset of winter, thus marking the end of hostilities on Canadian soil.
The second major action is the naval and land battle of Plattsburgh, New York. An outgunned American naval squadron on Lake Champlain succeeded through outstanding seamanship in defeating their Royal Navy opponents, causing the British commander in chief, General Sir George Prevost, to withdraw, a reverse that he was unable to live down and an American victory that had a direct bearing on the final outcome of the war.
Written by Donald E. Graves, known as the master of the battlefield narrative and acknowledged internationally as an authority on the War of 1812, the book is a fascinating blend of scholarly research, engaging narrative and insight into the minds of men under the stress of combat. It complements two previous books by Donald E. Graves, Field of Glory: The Battle of Cryslers Farm, 1813 and Where Right and Glory Lead The Battle of Lundy's Lane, 1814, widely read classics that have remained in print for a decade or more due to popular demand.
|Number of Pages:||418|
|Author:||Graves, Donald E.|
|Publisher:||Midpoint Trade Books Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.00 List price $30.00Save $12.00
- $10.46 Was $11.68Save $1.22
- $6.29 Was $6.99Save $0.70
- $9.52 List price $16.00Save $6.48
- $12.91 List price $15.99Save $3.08
- $23.64 List price $36.95Save $13.31
- $12.62 List price $15.99Save $3.37
- $12.31 List price $16.99Save $4.68
- $14.54 Was $16.88Save $2.34
- $11.79 List price $17.00Save $5.21
- $14.97 Was $16.27Save $1.30