Check out these related products
- $11.30 Was $11.95Save $0.65
- $15.63 List price $23.00Save $7.37
- $27.64 Was $39.99Save $12.35
- $20.48 List price $26.00Save $5.52
- $18.69 List price $26.00Save $7.31
- $10.97 List price $18.00Save $7.03
- $16.68 List price $20.00Save $3.32
- $23.02 List price $31.00Save $7.98
- $24.39 List price $35.00Save $10.61
- $14.70 List price $20.00Save $5.30
- $16.58 List price $22.00Save $5.42
- $16.67 Was $19.51Save $2.84
Consider these popular products
- $16.23 List price $26.00Save $9.77
- $3.60 Was $5.18Save $1.58
- $5.39 List price $5.99Save $0.60
- $10.07 Was $11.17Save $1.10
- $16.36 List price $27.00Save $10.64
- $17.36 Was $19.23Save $1.87
- $18.01 List price $26.00Save $7.99
- $11.62 Was $13.28Save $1.66
- $18.31 List price $26.95Save $8.64
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A military expert describes how a secret group of powerful and unelected men of the national security establishment keep the nation safe from terrorism through the steady erosion and undermining of everyday freedoms protected by the Constitution.
A stunning exploration of the subtle erosion of freedom in an age of concocted fear and de facto military authority.
When we think of a military coup, the first image that comes to mind is a general, standing at a podium with a flag behind him, declaring the deposing of elected leaders and the institution of martial law.
In AMERICAN COUP, William Arkin reveals the desk-bound takeover of the highest reaches of government by a coterie of "grey men" of the national security establishment. Operating between the lines of the Constitution this powerful and unelected group fights to save the nation from "terror" and weapons of mass destruction while at the same time modifying and undermining the very essence of the country. Many books are written about secrecy, surveillance, and government law-breaking; none so powerfully expose the truth of everyday life in this state of war.
|Number of Pages:||256|
|Author:||Arkin, William M.|
|Publisher:||Little Brown & Co|
|Publication Date:||September, 2013|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.75 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.