Check out these related products
- $20.94 List price $24.95Save $4.01
- $13.30 Was $16.37Save $3.07
- $7.71 Was $11.06Save $3.35
- $13.60 List price $16.00Save $2.40
- $17.68 List price $26.00Save $8.32
- $9.28 Was $11.91Save $2.63
- $13.32 Was $14.20Save $0.88
- $12.45 List price $15.00Save $2.55
- $13.00 Was $14.06Save $1.06
- $16.97 Was $18.69Save $1.72
- $15.12 List price $16.95Save $1.83
- $21.39 Was $23.06Save $1.67
- $13.58 List price $14.95Save $1.37
All You Need to Know About the Music Business
Consider these popular products
- $6.00 List price $8.99Save $2.99
- $7.12 Was $7.99Save $0.87
- $5.65 Was $7.99Save $2.34
- $5.78 List price $9.95Save $4.17
- $5.95 List price $6.99Save $1.04
- $6.07 List price $6.99Save $0.92
- $6.18 Was $8.40Save $2.22
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Simon & Schuster, 2012, ISBN13 9781451682465, ISBN10 1451682468
The past two decades have seen file-sharing technology and digital streaming services transform the music business from top to bottom, and the changes keep coming at breakneck speed. How are record labels adapting to the demand for instantly accessible, low-cost music while coping with piracy? And what does it all mean for aspiring and established artists today?
Donald Passman, one of the most trusted music lawyers in the country, offers his sage advice for creating, selling, sharing, and protecting your music in the Information Age in this updated eighth edition of "All You Need to Know About the Music Business. "Called "the industry bible" by the "Los Angeles Times," Passman's comprehensive guide--which has sold hundreds of thousands of copies over the past twenty years--draws on his unparalleled experience and up-to-the-minute knowledge of industry trends.
Executives and artists, experts and novices alike, will benefit from Passman's detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the latest technology, legalities, and practices shaping the music business, such as:
- Royalties for music transmitted via digital down- loads, streaming services, cloud lockers, and apps
- Updated licensing regulations and industry agreements
- The most recent recording and music publishing deals
- The new challenges for performing rights societies
He also gives guidance on the basics, such as how to:
- Select and hire a winning team of advisors-- personal and business managers, agents, and attorneys--and structure their commissions, percentages, and fees in a way that will protect you and maximize these relationships
- Master the major and finer points of contract negotiations
- Navigate the ins and outs of songwriting and music publishing
- Maximize concert, touring, and merchandising agreements
Anyone interested in making and marketing music--musicians, songwriters, agents, promoters, publishers, managers, and record company executives--needs this crucial text to keep up with the frenetic pace of technological and legal change. No one understands the music business better than Passman. Let him show you how to "make it" in one of the world's most dynamic and challenging industries.
|Series Title:||All You Need to Know About the Music Business|
|Number of Pages:||480|
|Author:||Glass, Randy , Passman, Donald S.|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Publication Date:||December, 2012|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.