Check out these related products
- $21.77 Was $24.95Save $3.18
- $12.03 List price $26.99Save $14.96
- $9.75 List price $15.99Save $6.24
- $13.11 List price $15.99Save $2.88
- $19.05 List price $27.99Save $8.94
- $14.92 Was $18.84Save $3.92
- $20.52 List price $27.99Save $7.47
- $12.40 List price $14.99Save $2.59
- $12.31 List price $16.99Save $4.68
- $10.47 Was $13.04Save $2.57
- $9.41 List price $12.99Save $3.58
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A portrait of the iconic filmmaker traces his six-decade career and numerous works, noting his role in the establishment of industry standards and the characteristics most associated with his persona while offering insight into his private, professional, and family life. Reprint. 25,000 first printing.
Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light is the definitive biography of the Master of Suspense and the most widely recognized film director of all time.
In a career that spanned six decades and produced more than 60 films - including The 39 Steps, Vertigo, Psycho, and The Birds - Alfred Hitchcock set new standards for cinematic invention and storytelling. Acclaimed biographer Patrick McGilligan re-examines his life and extraordinary work, challenging perceptions of Hitchcock as the "macabre Englishman" and sexual obsessive, and reveals instead the ingenious craftsman, trickster, provocateur, and romantic.
With insights into his relationships with Hollywood legends - such as Cary Grant, James Stewart, Ingrid Bergman, and Grace Kelly - as well as his 54-year marriage to Alma Reville and his inspirations in the thriller genre, the book is full of the same dark humor, cliffhanger suspense, and revelations that are synonymous with one of the most famous and misunderstood figures in cinema.
|Number of Pages:||850|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||HITCHCOCK, ALFRED, 1899-1980 , MOTION PICTURE PRODUCERS AND DIRECTORS|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||978006098827|
|Brand:||DEY STREET BOOKS|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.25 x 1.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.06 List price $26.99Save $10.93
- $12.67 List price $18.00Save $5.33
- $8.06 List price $9.99Save $1.93
- $11.21 List price $17.00Save $5.79
- $11.21 List price $16.00Save $4.79
- $22.68 List price $30.00Save $7.32
- $21.21 List price $24.95Save $3.74
- $14.15 List price $16.99Save $2.84
- $9.85 List price $16.99Save $7.14