I love the one-day Shipping. I needed a simple mini laptop for college and this is perfect. Just be very careful because I bought the same one from STAPLES and within 6 months the screws got loose and the damage was so bad, but I still repurchased the laptop. I recommend not using it as a tablet and tighten the screws every once in a while because you never know. It's a super fragile laptop. I inserted a photo of what happened to my first one. But if you be very careful, that shouldn't happen. ( P.s if you have big manly hands, I don't recommend this, as it is a rather small, portable laptop)
Acer Spin 1, 11.6" HD Touch, Intel Pentium Silver N5000, 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB eMMC, Office 365 Personal, Windows 10 in S mode, SP111-33-P1XD (Google Classroom Compatible)
- Laptop Computer Type2-in-1s
- Screen Size11.6"
- RAM Memory4 GB
- Operating SystemWindows 10 in S Mode
- Hard Drive Capacity64 GB
- Battery Life8 h
About This Item
- Display: 11.6" HD (1366 x 768) Widescreen LED-backlit Multi-Touch
- Processor: Intel Pentium Silver N5000 Quad-Core Processor (Up to 2.7GHz)
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4 Onboard Memory
- Hard Drive: 64GB eMMC
- Operating System: Windows 10 in S mode
- Wifi/Bluetooth Connection: Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11ac Gigabit WiFi which can deliver up to 1.73Gbps throughput when using 160Mhz channels (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz); Bluetooth 5.0
- Speakers: Two Built-in Stereo Speakers; Built-in Digital Microphone
- Battery: 2-cell Li-Ion (4670 mAh) Battery, Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- Software: Microsoft Office 365 Personal 1-Year Subscription
- Google Classroom Compatible
Intel Pentium Silver N5000 Quad-Core Processor
|Hard Drive Capacity|
|Processor Core Type|
Acer Spin 1
|Manufacturer Part Number|
IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2, Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
|Maximum RAM Supported|
Windows 10 in S Mode
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
8.00 x 11.50 x 0.80 Inches
Take an interactive tour
I'm very impressed. I'm honestly shocked at my satisfaction. I wanted an inexpensive laptop that was 2 in 1. Touch and tablet mode. The screen resolution is OK. Great enough to be under $300 so I'm fine with it. Speed is good. Battery life is decent could be a little better but again, for the price I'm not mad. Sound is pretty ok as well. Highly recommend.
Amazing! I got it for my daughter for school and she says its the fastest laptop in the world! Which I agree it super responsive and really fast and the touch screen is amazing but I recommend getting a stylus.
Use as regular laptop or as touchscreen tablet!!
The whole family loves using this Acer Spin. It is suppose to be only for my use but they keep stealing it on me! First off set up was easy. The computer walks you through the process step by step. Some of those steps you're allowed to “skip” and come back to at another time, if you're in a hurry. Having another Microsoft accounts helps too. Right out the box I did have to charge it before first use. A full battery will allow about 8 hours of use. It comes with Microsoft 10 already installed. When updates are available it takes only minutes to do so. You can use this Acer as a normal lap top or as they call it “Notebook mode” and it runs in desktop mode with keyboard and/or mouse. The second way you can use the Acer Spin is in Pad mode. You flip the screen completely backwards 360 degrees so just the screen is showing like you were using a tablet. If you enter “tablet mode” apps expand to full screen which is optimized for touch screen use. The Acer Spin is super thin and very lightweight. I would absolutely recommend to a high school or college student.
Following review is on the Acer Spin 1 SP111-33-P1XD, 11.6 HD Touch.
This is an awesome little laptop! It is smaller than what I am accustomed to in a laptop, however, having the ability to easily switch from laptop to tablet with just a flip of the screen surpasses that expectation and then converts it to a large tablet ! Which, I happen to prefer...
• Design - I love the textured surface, slim cut and very light weight; making this my go to carry long to work. Once break time or lunch rolls around, I can easily bust out my laptop/tablet and enjoy a movie or music. Fabulous!
• Laptop or Tablet – I would estimate at least 95% of the time I have this little laptop converted to tablet mode with touch and that alone makes this product well worth the value. Like having a generous sized tablet, Love It!
• Picture & Sound -Audio quality is exceptional. Its perfect when watching movies or listening to music; exceptionally clean, crisp and sharp. Picture quality is also adequate, not the most crisp and vivid but definitely sufficient. I ran a diagnostic and found this laptop offers a refresh rate of 60hz. This is great for surfing the web, creating documents, and watching movies. Jut to test I put on a movie for my little ones and not once did we experience lagging, breaking, or freezing.
• Navigating - Whether I'm using the keyboard with touch pad or the touch screen its on point and works great.
• Applications - For those that want extra security this laptop comes with Microsoft S Mode which locks out all other applications not trusted by Microsoft; however, you can switch out. This lowers the security level allowing you to download your trusted apps. SIDE NOTE: From what I understand once you switch out you cannot turn it back on. There are some great application I use on a daily basis:
o Microsoft Office 365 (1 yr free)
o MS Word
o MS Power Point
o MS Excel
o MS Publisher
o MS Access
Overall, I love this little laptop its perfect for so many things: typing up documents, homework, paying bills, editing pictures, and best of all keeping the kiddos entertained while I'm working.
Fast processing, minimum errors
The acer spin tablet-laptop it's great! It's design is very modern and super convenient. You can choose the tablet mode that brings a digital keyboard in the screen or switch to laptop to use the keyboard. The screen image quality is good but not very high definition. Overall, the use of Microsoft office is very good and reliable. The processor is fast and I haven't had any error after 2 months of use. I use it for work and personal use and I loved it !
Great for Teachers!
This was such a blessing and came at the perfect time! The laptop that teachers are assigned are ANCIENT! Half of the time, they won't connect to WiFi, can't hold a charge, or are as slow as molasses. I had so many issues with the laptop assigned to my room last year. This is the best surprise I could have received all year! Compared to my prehistoric laptop at school, this one is golden. Besides the fact that it's new, it is touchscreen and so light weight! I'll be able to use it anywhere in my room with convenience. No more landline or plug-in cords! One of the best features is that it comes with Microsoft Office! I can create my PowerPoints, lesson plans, and activities all in one place. I'll be able to print from home and from school. It saves me from having to save everything to a flashdrive or emailing it to myself to print later and such. The set up was simple. I was able to connect all my Microsoft accounts and devices. I'm not super techy. But, it takes you step by step through the process. Love it and cannot wait to use it in my classroom!
This is a great computer. We mostly use it to homeschool and to do research. I have always been pleased with Acer computers. They provide affordable computers and laptops that are easy to use and help me stay productive. I have used them for several years and have no complaints. This computer is not different. I love the sleek outer appearance. It's so slim and can be easily carried in a medium sized purse. The battery life is awesome. I don't use it for more than an hour or two at a time, and even then, it lasts for days before I have to recharge. Then recharging only takes a short time before your back in action. I love that there is an HDMI port. It helps when presenting lessons to multiple children at once. We easily hook up the HDMI cord from the tv, complete our lesson, and return the chord to the tv when done. It's so easy. I haven't used Windows in awhile. I was surprised to see the Windows 10 addition has lots of the programs I'm used to (like Word and Explorer) and some new features (like apps). I love the ability to turn this laptop into a tablet. It gives you so many more options for use. The only thing I don't like is when in spin (tablet) mode your constantly pressing the keys underneath. They don't work in tablet mode, but I just always feel like I'm going to break them or something. Otherwise, this is a great little addition to our homeschool and family.
Overall I'd buy this product again. Very happy wi
It's been about a month and so far I love it. Havent fully dived into it. Light internet use. Streaming some shows here and there. LOVE the tablet mode. And tablet standup mode. Such a great feature. LOVE that its touch screen, personally never had one and makes things way faster for certain uses. Normally I like widescreen laptops that I can sit down and work with but this adjusted to me quickly and it's perfect for on-the-go people. Cons: -the speaker placement works best in tablet mode. It's also not the loudest to bump music because of its size. -the brightnesss for the screen only goes down so much. My old laptop use to go pitch black and I could adjust it to any darkness. I watch movies on my laptop at night and like to turn the brightness down. It does have a warming filter that you can change the hues on at night "night mode" but it's not the best imo. (like I said I haven't fully dived into it) Perhaps I'll do another review or edit this in the future.
I received my item yesterday. So far I have been kicked out several times (blue page with error msg), talked to tech support for an hour. Told to reset and start over. This morning it's freezing up so my daughter can't use it for school. This is very frustrating!!
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question