I bought this Chromebook over the weekend (Nov 2, 2019) because I was in the market for a new computer, but wanted to get something that could fit my tight budget. A friend of mine suggested this Chromebook because I mostly do web-browsing and document editing, and Netflix...and this has been the perfect fit for me! It's sleek, super fast, and the battery lasts a super long time! So far, I am very happy with my first Chromebook! And for those that are worried about storage, just do what I did, and buy a micro-SD card. I also have a 1TB external drive, so space isn't that big of a worry. You cannot go wrong with this Chromebook, and it's currently on sale at Walmart right now! I'm very pleased.
Acer CB3-532-C47C 15.6" Chromebook, Chrome OS, Intel Celeron N3060 Dual-Core Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal Storage
In stock at San Leandro, 1919 Davis St
- Laptop Computer TypeChromebooks
- Screen Size15.60"
- RAM Memory2 GB
- Operating SystemChrome OS
- Hard Drive Capacity16 GB
- Battery Life12.00 h
Customer Review Snapshot
About This Item
- Built for speed and simplicity: Starts in seconds and stays fast throughout the day.
- More up-time between charges: With up to 8 hours* of battery life, you can surf, work or play from anywhere.
(*All Chromebooks come with at least 8 hours of battery life.)
- Security from the start: Automatic updates and backups offer protection and peace of mind
- Do more with apps: Entertainment or productivity, all your favorite apps are available in the Google Play store.
- Designed with you in mind: Hardware from premium manufacturers with innovative and sleek designs.
- Set digital ground rules with Family Link: Parents can manage their family's apps and websites, set screen time limits, and even remotely lock devices.
Discover your Chromebook:
Acer expands upon its already dominant Chromebook position with an affordable 15.6" HD Chromebook, letting you see more, do more and explore more than ever before. With a 27 percent larger screen area than the 13.3-inch Chromebook and a 24 percent larger screen than a 14-inch Chromebook, more content can be shown with less scrolling, and productivity tools such as Excel are easier to interact with. In short, it's just the right size for you to make this Chromebook your quot;everythingquot; book. The antiglare HD display is designed to minimize the glare resulting in less strain on the eyes, even after long hours of use.
Acer CB3-532-C47C 15.6" Chromebook:
Key Features and Benefits:
- 15.6" display
- Intel Celeron N3060 Dual-Core processor
1.6GHz (with Max Turbo Speed of 2.48GHz)
- 2GB system memory
Gives you options for surfing, video conferencing, documents, basic photo editing and simple computer tasks
- 16GB internal storage
Store up to 10,667 photos, 4,500 songs or 8.4 hours of video and more
- 12 hours of battery life
Long-lasting battery life gives you all day to access your photos, videos, music and documents
- Intel HD Graphics 400
- Weight: 4.3 lbs
Thin design you can easily take on the road
- 802.11ac Wireless LAN
Wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11ac connection built into your PC
- 720 HD webcam with HRD (High Dynamic Range)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Standard mini keyboard
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x HDMI out port, 1 x 3.5mm audio out jack
- 3-cell lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions: 15.08" x 10.08" x 0.95"
- Color: Black
- Chrome OS
Support and Warranty:
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
- 24/7 technical assistance available online or toll-free by phone
What's In The Box:
- Power cord and AC adapter
- 3-cell battery
- Quick Start Guide
What is a Chromebook PC?
Chromebook PCs are a new type of computer designed to help you get things done faster and easier. Chromebook starts up in seconds, so you can immediately start playing or working. Chromebook looks like a laptop and feels like a laptop, but differs from traditional computers as follows:
- Instead of Windows OS or Apple OS, Chromebook PCs run on Chrome OS, an operating system that features multiple layers of security, cloud storage and the most popular Google products built right in.
- Chromebook won't load and run traditional PC applications such as Microsoft Office or Skype. However, Chromebook uses Chrome-specific apps for everyday tasks. You'll be able to create documents, listen to music, edit your photos, chat with friends and family and play online games. Plus, you can download many additional apps from the Chrome Web Store. No more buying and installing software Ã¢ÂÂ
- thousands of apps are free and feature automatic updates.
- Chromebook comes with built-in virus protection, multiple layers of security and verified boot help to keep you safe from viruses and malware.
- Your Chromebook will keep your files away from your machine and safe online. Google Drive is built right in, so your files and photos are automatically backed up to the cloud.
- Your Chromebook will update itself for free, so you'll always have the latest and greatest version. No need for manual downloads and upgrades.
- 15.6" display
Explore this item
|Hard Drive Capacity|
802.11ac WiFi featuring 2 x 2 MIMO technology
|Maximum RAM Supported|
Acer Chromebook CB3-532-C47C3-cell batteryPower adapter
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)|
15.08 x 10.08 x 0.95 Inches
Take an interactive tour
Better than the first
I got this as a replacement for the original Chromebook I bought for my father several years ago. He was very rough on the first one and it finally succumbed to his rough handling (I can probably get it working again with a few minor repairs, but being disabled and hearing impaired a laptop is his main form of connection to me and the outside world...I needed a quick remedy to the situation.). This model has a wonderfullylarge screen and is very easy for a 73 year old to navigate. He seems even more happy with this model than the much smaller screen that his first Acer Chromebook had. The setup took less than 5 minutes, since Google a chrome had all of his settings saved with his account. All we had to do was enter his email and password, and instantly all of his preferences and favorites were back at his fingertips. Hopefully he won't be as rough on this one as he was with the first. But with the price that Walmart charged for this one (under $200) it's a spectacular deal even if it lasts him only 4 more years.
I paid $150 online Walmart for this Chromebook for my wife. It replaced a $700 broken laptop. I can't say that it works better than her previous laptop but it certainly works just as well and is much more simple with no garbage programs installed by the manufacturer. I will replace my current laptop with a Chromebook when my current laptop expires. I highly recommend the Acer brand laptops and this Chromebook. Pros. Very economical Acer is a strong brand with high quality No bloatware Good speed Very easy to use for technically challenged Total replacement for a pad and laptop for Internet use Cons: Forget installing pc programs
First of all, let me say that computers are basically a mystery to me. I know very little. My son picked this one out, saying that I'd be happy with it - and I am. The keyboard is very responsive and easy to type on, user instructions are at my fingertips, and the screen is an ample size. I was very impressed with how quickly the computer arrived at my local Wal Mart. Also, the young man, Zac, who waited on me in the "Sight to Store" department was amazing. He was very helpful, kind, and extremely respectful. I hope the Wal Mart in the Oro Valley Market Center in Oro Valley, AZ. takes note of this fine employee.
My second Acer Chromebook purchase.
My second purchase, I bought my first Acer Chromebook from Walmart a year or so ago and use it when I am on the road with my RV. A friend needed a laptop so I bought a new Acer and power washed mine and gave it to her. One thing though, my first Chromebook ran perfectly from the first start. The new one wouldn't load anything and give me access to Chrome. after some searching the web on forums I found that it wouldn't transfer my book and stuff from my Gmail account to open up Gmail and that the OS needed to be upgraded. Did that and it's working flawlessly. Great deal for little money!
Pretty good for what it is
I bought this Chromebook to see if it was a viable desktop replacement; I'm a full-time writer, and I'm online constantly. I've had it for three weeks, and so far, so good. It's reasonably fast -- though it does slow down when there are lots of tabs open. For $179, though, I'm impressed. One thing -- it's pretty huge, so it's kind of a pain to take anywhere, but it's fine at home.
Laptop And Hp Envy 5052 wireless print scan copy
I bought this for my daughter to do some online Classes for her Nursing Degree however it will not allow her to take and of her exams we didnt realize this in time to exchange it due to when i purchased it her classes begin and the first final exam so very disappointed with this purchase. Now we Love our HP ENVY 5052 wireless print scan copier its anazing one of the best purchases i have made for her Nursing Classes
Buy with external hard drive and back up often
Be careful purchasing refurbished equipment. Joy Systems takes very seriously its non-responsibility for data losses. My hard drive failed after 6 months, 38 days. Joy's response was "In the event that the user's data is lost, Joy Systems will not be liable. It is the responsibility of the user to make regular backups of important data." If your data is important to you, be prepared to routinely back up your work to an external hard drive.
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.