Customers also viewed these products
- $16.63 Was $18.15Save $1.52
- $14.47 List price $24.95Save $10.48
- $16.83 Was $24.18Save $7.35
- $10.22 Was $10.90Save $0.68
- $12.69 Was $13.57Save $0.88
Check out these related products
- $36.09 List price $49.99Save $13.90
- $15.28 Was $17.77Save $2.49
- $16.02 List price $18.99Save $2.97
- $12.99 List price $15.00Save $2.01
- $19.87 List price $29.95Save $10.08
- $23.52 List price $29.99Save $6.47
- $24.34 List price $35.00Save $10.66
- $13.05 List price $14.99Save $1.94
- $16.85 List price $19.95Save $3.10
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A PIECE OF THE ACTION
"America began to change on a mid-September day in 1958, when the Bank of America dropped its first 60,000 credit cards on the unassuming city of Fresno, California." So begins Joe Nocera's riveting account of one of the most astonishing revolutions in modern American life--what Nocera labels "the money revolution." In the decades since, the middle class has gained access to credit cards, to mutual funds, to retirement accounts--and to hundreds of other financial vehicles that have allowed everyone to get "a piece of the action." In this lively, engaging book, some of the great financial characters of modern times--from Charles Merrill to Charles Schwab to Peter Lynch--strut across the stage as the course of this great financial shift is charted.
In an all-new introduction, Nocera takes a look back at the consequences of the money revolution. Were members of the middle class as prepared as the innovators claimed to take control of their financial lives? Or did events like the dot-com and the housing bubbles suggest something else: that far too many of us lacked the wherewithal to make sound investment decisions?
|Number of Pages:||464|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $12.92 List price $28.00Save $15.08
- $16.75 List price $29.95Save $13.20
- $11.19 List price $13.95Save $2.76
- $15.16 List price $25.00Save $9.84
- $16.62 Was $18.09Save $1.47
- $11.32 List price $16.99Save $5.67
- $20.50 List price $29.99Save $9.49
- $14.39 List price $24.99Save $10.60