Check out these related products
- $13.44 List price $15.00Save $1.56
- $14.91 List price $17.00Save $2.09
- $10.88 List price $16.95Save $6.07
- $16.75 List price $28.00Save $11.25
- $15.43 List price $17.95Save $2.52
- $10.92 List price $16.95Save $6.03
- $10.87 Was $12.38Save $1.51
- $10.86 Was $13.62Save $2.76
- $9.63 List price $15.00Save $5.37
- $12.00 Was $14.27Save $2.27
- $10.64 List price $15.95Save $5.31
- $11.25 List price $18.00Save $6.75
- $10.32 Was $11.67Save $1.35
- $10.79 Was $12.46Save $1.67
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A LIFE APART
From the author of "Color Me Butterfly, " the poignant story of a decades-long love affair that creates complicated and unbreakable ties between two families that live worlds apart.
When Morris Sullivan joins the navy in 1940, his hopes are high. Though he leaves behind his new wife and their baby daughter, he is thrilled to be pursuing his lifelong dream--only to be shipped off to Pearl Harbor when the war begins. When he narrowly survives the 1941 attack, thanks to the courage of a black sailor he doesn't know, Morris is determined to seek out the man's family and express his gratitude and respect. On leave, he tracks down the man's sister in his very own hometown of Boston--and finds an immediate, undeniable connection with the nurturing yet fiercely independent Beatrice, who has left the stifling South of her upbringing for the more liberal, integrated north.
Though both try to deny their growing bond, their connection and understanding is everything missing from Morris's hasty marriage to his high school sweetheart Agnes, and from Beatrice's plodding life as she grieves the brother she has lost. At once a family epic, and a historical drama that takes readers from World War II through the Civil Rights era to the present day, "A Life Apart" brings readers along for the emotional journey as Morris and Beatrice's relationship is tested by time, family loyalties, racial tensions, death, unending guilt, and the profound effects of war.
|Number of Pages:||443|
|Author:||Marlow, L. Y.|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $7.19 List price $7.99Save $0.80
- $10.19 List price $16.99Save $6.80
- $10.51 List price $16.99Save $6.48
- $16.79 List price $27.99Save $11.20
- $12.85 List price $26.00Save $13.15
- $9.74 List price $15.99Save $6.25
- $9.53 Was $10.09Save $0.56
- $9.36 List price $14.99Save $5.63