Check out these related products
- $22.95 Was $26.25Save $3.30
- $23.39 List price $29.95Save $6.56
- $11.64 List price $15.99Save $4.35
- $69.88 Was $80.22Save $10.34
- $19.96 List price $29.95Save $9.99
- $22.40 List price $29.95Save $7.55
- $23.79 List price $35.00Save $11.21
- $11.57 List price $16.95Save $5.38
- $12.70 List price $17.95Save $5.25
- $16.51 List price $22.95Save $6.44
- $24.26 List price $35.00Save $10.74
- $74.15 List price $79.99Save $5.84
- $14.77 List price $18.95Save $4.18
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A LABYRINTH OF KINGDOMS 
In 1849 Heinrich Barth joined a small British expedition into unexplored regions of Islamic North and Central Africa. One by one his companions died, but he carried on alone, eventually reaching the fabled city of gold, Timbuktu. His five-and-a-half-year, 10,000-mile adventure ranks among the greatest journeys in the annals of exploration, and his discoveries are considered indispensable by modern scholars of Africa.Yet because of shifting politics, European preconceptions about Africa, and his own thorny personality, Barth has been almost forgotten. The general public has never heard of him, his epic journey, or his still-pertinent observations about Africa and Islam; and his monumental five-volume Travels and Discoveries in North and Central Africa is rare even in libraries. By delivering the first biography on Barth in English, Steve Kemper goes a long way to rescue this fascinating figure from obscurity.
|Number of Pages:||415|
|Publisher:||W W Norton & Co Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.00 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.