Check out these related products
- $15.99 List price $16.99Save $1.00
- $19.76 Was $25.07Save $5.31
- $18.36 List price $23.00Save $4.64
- $13.31 Was $14.76Save $1.45
- $11.17 List price $15.00Save $3.83
- $10.11 List price $17.00Save $6.89
- $12.06 List price $16.00Save $3.94
- $25.94 List price $34.95Save $9.01
- $16.22 Was $17.16Save $0.94
- $15.65 List price $17.95Save $2.30
- $38.54 List price $59.97Save $21.43
- $15.04 List price $20.00Save $4.96
- $26.34 List price $40.00Save $13.66
- $29.18 Was $32.95Save $3.77
- $24.70 Was $30.06Save $5.36
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The dramatic and redemptive memoir of a woman whose curiosity led her to the world's most beautiful and remote places, its most imperiled and perilous countries, and then into fifteen months of harrowing captivity--an exquisitely written story of courage, resilience, and grace
As a child, Amanda Lindhout escaped a violent household by paging through issues of "National Geographic" and imagining herself in its exotic locales. At the age of nineteen, working as a cocktail waitress in Calgary, Alberta, she began saving her tips so she could travel the globe. Aspiring to understand the world and live a significant life, she backpacked through Latin America, Laos, Bangladesh, and India, and emboldened by each adventure, went on to Sudan, Syria, and Pakistan. In war-ridden Afghanistan and Iraq she carved out a fledgling career as a television reporter. And then, in August 2008, she traveled to Somalia--"the most dangerous place on earth." On her fourth day, she was abducted by a group of masked men along a dusty road.
Held hostage for 460 days, Amanda converts to Islam as a survival tactic, receives "wife lessons" from one of her captors, and risks a daring escape. Moved between a series of abandoned houses in the desert, she survives on memory--every lush detail of the world she experienced in her life before captivity--and on strategy, fortitude, and hope. When she is most desperate, she visits a house in the sky, high above the woman kept in chains, in the dark, being tortured.
Vivid and suspenseful, as artfully written as the finest novel, "A House in the Sky" is the searingly intimate story of an intrepid young woman and her search for compassion in the face of unimaginable adversity.
|Number in Series:||13|
|Author:||Lindhout, Amanda , Corbett, Sara|
|Book Format:||Audio CD|
|Publisher:||Simon & Schuster|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 6.00 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $20.83 List price $35.00Save $14.17
- $17.66 List price $27.99Save $10.33
- $11.06 List price $16.00Save $4.94
- $16.65 List price $27.99Save $11.34
- $17.83 List price $24.99Save $7.16
- $7.43 List price $7.99Save $0.56
- $9.52 List price $15.00Save $5.48
- $7.80 List price $9.99Save $2.19