Check out these related products
- $155.71 List price $181.95Save $26.24
- $150.45 List price $171.95Save $21.50
- $215.48 List price $249.95Save $34.47
- $118.95 List price $144.95Save $26.00
- $180.45 List price $189.95Save $9.50
- $242.10 List price $276.95Save $34.85
- $108.09 List price $123.95Save $15.86
- $200.43 List price $227.95Save $27.52
- $119.58 List price $140.95Save $21.37
- $106.95 List price $129.95Save $23.00
- $150.91 List price $197.95Save $47.04
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Provides readers with the skills necessary to handle any crisis situation. This title utilizes the comprehensive ABC Model of Crisis Intervention, which can be used as effectively for day-to-day interactions as for emergency situations.
This fifth edition of Dr. Kristi Kanel's A GUIDE TO CRISIS INTERVENTION covers the fundamentals of situational and developmental crises, how they occur, and how they have been managed since the 1940s. Kanel discusses traditional counseling models as they relate to crisis intervention, and shows how they have been incorporated into her model-the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention-that is used by both paraprofessionals and professionals. Presented in detail, the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention is ideal for use in any mental health setting and with any individual (from any population) in a crisis situation. The text provides detailed examples of specific crisis situations, including developmental crises, trauma crises, post traumatic stress disorder crises (PTSD), crises of personal victimization, substance abuse crises, and crises related to loss, terminal and serious illness, and disabilities. New chapters discuss veterans' issues; sexual assault and rape; and ethical, legal, and professional issues. The author also explores suicide assessment and the use of the Mental Status Exam. Every chapter offers case vignettes to aid students in practicing the skills presented in the ABC Model of Crisis Intervention.
|Number of Pages:||315|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.00 x 9.00 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $10.01 List price $13.99Save $3.98
- $15.95 List price $27.99Save $12.04
- $21.49 List price $30.00Save $8.51
- $19.44 List price $27.99Save $8.55
- $14.20 List price $20.00Save $5.80
- $16.34 List price $22.95Save $6.61
- $9.13 List price $16.00Save $6.87
- $12.82 Was $14.95Save $2.13
- $12.40 Was $14.08Save $1.68
- $9.98 List price $15.95Save $5.97
- $17.75 List price $22.00Save $4.25