Check out these related products
- $13.77 List price $17.95Save $4.18
- $9.59 List price $14.95Save $5.36
- $23.07 List price $29.99Save $6.92
- $15.06 List price $19.95Save $4.89
- $19.58 List price $22.95Save $3.37
- $11.00 List price $18.99Save $7.99
- $16.49 List price $19.95Save $3.46
- $13.32 List price $14.95Save $1.63
- $19.57 List price $21.99Save $2.42
- $24.26 List price $35.00Save $10.74
- $16.51 List price $22.95Save $6.44
- $74.15 List price $79.99Save $5.84
About this item
About this item
A GENERAL HISTORY OF THE PIRATES
There is afascination surrounding the subject of pirates and pirate-lore that centersaround the romanticized impression of lawless, brutal ruffians pillaging ships, hunting for gold and treasure, and traveling in immense ships waving the skull-and-bonesflag. Some might be surprised that this view is actually very close to thetruth, as the Golden Age of piracy produced many grandiose and notoriouscharacters whose incredible stories have found their way into thisone-of-a-kind book.
Originallypublished in 1724, A General History ofthe Pirates grippingly chronicles the adventures and misadventures of themost infamous pirates who ruled the high seas at the turn of the 18th century.From Charles Vane s rampant use of torture on his crew, to the incrediblysuccessful Bartholomew Robert s pirating career, Blackbeard s legendary fearsomedemeanor, and Captain Kidd s tragic end, these truly enthralling stories ofprivateers turned bandits will leave anyone on the edge of their seat.
The author, whosetrue identity is still debated, doesn t omit the fierce female pirates of theday who left their mark on the male-dominated vocation. This book wasincredibly successful when it first came out and is a valued edition to thisday, often used as a reference by researches, writers, and those curious aboutthe alluring maritime history.
|Number of Pages:||427|
|Publisher:||Perseus Distribution Services|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.25 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question