The Leadership Moment: Nine True Stories of Triumph and Disaster and Their Lessons for Us All
Check out these related products
- $13.01 List price $14.95Save $1.94
- $12.99 Was $14.15Save $1.16
- $12.70 List price $14.95Save $2.25
- $12.75 List price $14.00Save $1.25
- $13.92 List price $23.00Save $9.08
- $10.40 Was $10.95Save $0.55
- $18.35 List price $22.95Save $4.60
- $10.22 Was $11.69Save $1.47
- $14.60 Was $15.47Save $0.87
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A study of leadership in action focuses on nine real-life accounts of leaders who faced a moment of crisis and what they did to succeed or fail
Michael Useem is a most unusual business school professor. While he teaches at the No.1-ranked Wharton School, he doesn't believe that executives should be limited to learning about leadership by looking at what their peers do at other companies. Rather, he goes far and wide to study in detail the stories of people who have performed under the greatest pressure. The Leadership Moment is a book of powerful storytelling and powerful lessons.
Useem is an author who practices what he preaches. Last spring he lead a group of twenty-five middle managers, students in his executive MBA program, on a two-week leadership trek in the Mount Everest region of the Himalayas. The trek was an unusual opportunity for Useem's students to examine their leadership ability under extreme circumstances, and is a program that has attracted a great deal of media interest.
The Leadership Moment contains nine great stories of leaders who faced their moment of truth: Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain defending Little Round Top; Eugene Kranz returning Apollo 13; John Gutfreund losing Salomon Bothers; Arlene Blum on the Himalayan peak of Annapurna; Wagner Dodge facing a fast-moving forest fire, Alfredo Cristiani ending El Salvador's civil war; Clifton Wharton restructering a $50 billion pension system, Roy Vagelos attacking fiver blindness; Nancy Barry building Women's World Banking.
|Number of Pages:||336|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.75 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.56 Was $20.39Save $1.83
- $17.83 List price $29.95Save $12.12
- $16.85 List price $30.00Save $13.15
- $16.19 List price $26.99Save $10.80
- $16.99 List price $29.99Save $13.00
- $7.74 List price $9.99Save $2.25
- $14.68 Was $19.81Save $5.13
- $5.61 Was $8.37Save $2.76
- $17.07 Was $18.28Save $1.21
- $9.87 List price $14.99Save $5.12
- $16.92 Was $17.86Save $0.94