Fit for a King: The Elvis Presley Cookbook
Check out these related products
- $13.67 Was $18.47Save $4.80
- $13.82 List price $18.95Save $5.13
- $14.92 Was $17.12Save $2.20
- $11.72 Was $13.03Save $1.31
- $14.78 Was $16.61Save $1.83
- $13.83 Was $16.24Save $2.41
- $13.83 Was $14.78Save $0.95
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Collects over 300 recipes for the foods Elvis enjoyed, including many from his longtime cook, Alvena Roy
Kitty Dolan recalls a visit with Elvis in Killeen, Texas, right after his mother's death. "We drove in Elvis's white Cadillac to the house they had rented from Judge Crawford. . . .That night we sat down to dinner, with Elvis at one end of the table and his father at the other. Then his grandmother. There was a big platter of white bread for sandwich makings and a big platter of southern baked beans. Theat was topped off with a delicious pie his Grandmammy had baked. Elvis looked at me with a shy, little smile and said, 'I hope you like our southern cooking.'"
Elvis Presley liked traditional southern cooking. In "Fit for a King"(TM) are more then 300 recipes for the foods Elvis enjoyed, including many from his longtime cook Alvena Roy. Also included are menus for meals served at Graceland, for Elvis and Priscilla's wedding reception, for the Beatles' visit, and for Christmas in Memphis.
The memories Elvis's friends have of mealtimes with him at Graceland depict him as a thoughtful, considerate, and fun-loving person. Many of the seventy photographs are published here for the first time.
|Number of Pages:||240|
|Author:||Gevirtz, Ralph , McKeon, Elizabeth , Bandy, Julie|
|Publisher:||Harpercollins Christian Pub|
|Publication Date:||September, 1992|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $14.05 Was $18.06Save $4.01
- $11.63 Was $13.25Save $1.62
- $7.55 Was $12.95Save $5.40
- $16.47 Was $18.00Save $1.53
- $11.84 List price $16.95Save $5.11
- $9.84 Was $11.65Save $1.81
- $12.24 Was $14.30Save $2.06
- $9.24 List price $14.95Save $5.71
- $17.99 List price $30.00Save $12.01
- $13.34 List price $22.99Save $9.65
- $12.47 List price $17.99Save $5.52
- $13.38 Was $20.19Save $6.81
- $14.05 List price $24.95Save $10.90