Check out these related products
- $14.50 List price $20.00Save $5.50
- $12.87 List price $14.95Save $2.08
- $10.88 List price $16.95Save $6.07
- $13.31 Was $14.45Save $1.14
- $11.36 Was $14.07Save $2.71
- $9.98 Was $11.96Save $1.98
- $12.87 Was $13.58Save $0.71
- $8.97 Was $10.62Save $1.65
- $9.59 Was $10.76Save $1.17
- $8.98 Was $9.93Save $0.95
- $12.67 List price $16.00Save $3.33
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
A Spanish-speaking Californian struggles for self-illumination during the Depression Era
Villarreal illuminates here the world of " pochos, " Americans whose parents come to the United States from Mexico. Set in Depression-era California, the novel focuses on Richard, a young pocho who experiences the intense conflict between loyalty to the traditions of his family's past and attraction to new ideas. Richard's struggle to achieve adulthood as a young man influenced by two worlds reveals both the uniqueness of the Mexican-American experiences and its common ties with the struggles of all Americans -- whatever their past.
|Number of Pages:||192|
|Author:||Villarreal, Jose Antonio|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.25 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $5.33 List price $10.00Save $4.67
- $3.56 List price $5.95Save $2.39