I use these on my mantle at Christmas to secure the lighted garland. I place some nice Christmas santas between the rows so if the garland slipped I would have broken treasures. I actually leave the hooks there all year as the mantle is white and the non-seasonal items hide them from sight. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
About This Item
- INCLUDES - 8 hooks, 16 medium indoor strips; 1 hook holds 3 lbs
- ORGANIZE DAMAGE-FREE - Say goodbye to holes, marks, or sticky residue on your walls, doors, cabinets, or closets; Command Hooks by 3M are easy to use and help keep your walls looking beautiful
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED- Hang clipboards, brushes, dog leashes, kitchen utensils, and accessories where you want without nails or a hammer
- STRONG AND VERSATILE- Command Utility Hooks hold strongly on a variety of indoor surfaces including painted walls, finished wood, glass, tile, metal, and other smooth surfaces
- REMOVES CLEANLY- Reorganize when inspiration strikes; These wall hooks leave no sticky adhesive behind; Perfect to use inside cabinets and closets, in your college dorm, apartment, home, and office
Instructions: . Hooks can be reused with Command® Medium Refill Strips. Apply. 1 Clean surface with rubbing alcohol. Do not use household cleaners. 2 Remove lid liner. Press adhesive to hook. 3 Remove black liner. Press to wall for 10 seconds. 4 To ensure adhesive hold, slide hook up and off. 5 Press base firmly for 30 seconds. 6 Slide hook back on. Wait 1 hour before use. Remove. 1 Slide hook up and off. 2 Gently hold mounting base in place. 3 Never pull the strip towards you! Always pull straight down. 4 Stretch the strip slowly against the wall at least 12 inches to release.
Explore this item
I was tired of trying to find a place to put my children's backpacks, so I bought the General Purpose Utility Hooks. I am currently renting a home and don't want to put any holes in the walls and these were the perfect solution. I bought 2 hooks that would hold up to 3 lbs and 1 hook that would hold up to 5 lbs. They solved my organization problem perfectly. I no longer trip over backpacks on the ground or knock them off the back of our dining room chairs. We have also used them to hang wet snow clothes and jackets. When we move, we won't leave any holes in the walls and, best of all, I can take them with me! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
I love it! It really works great! It was easy to install and just knowing that it can be removed without damaging my door makes me so happy and eases my mind. The only negative thing I have to say is that your products are a little too pricey. I have a family of 6 and we have to live on a budget. This purchase did not fit my budget so it was considered a splurge for me. Great products but I just wish they were more affordable for the average family.
to be fair, I gave a 3 because past projects have turned out ok. But this is the result of using 5 hooks (3 or 5 lbs weight capacity each, not sure, threw package out) for a christmas garland weighing a total of 5 lbs. I used them to avoid the trouble of patching and painting tiny nail holes. Sigh....I just want others to be aware.
Loved it till I saw my wintercoat on the floor &s
I bought a 2 pack of these. One to hold my winter coat and the other to hold my husbands. One day I came home from work saw the coats were on the floor. When I went to hang them back up I saw the hooks were peeling the paint off my wall. So next month when I move I will be told I'm not getting my security deposite back cause I have a hole in my paint.
I had these recommended by two friends who had seen the advertising but not used them. I went to my local hardware store looking for a damage free way to hang greenery over my new front door. It was 65 degrees when I applied them per the directions. After waiting more than the recommended hour I hung the decorations over the door and went to bed. This morning of the 6 had fallen and tonight 3 others had fallen. Seems like a great idea, but it did not work for me. Now I have to start over and replace broken ornaments to boot. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
I have been using various Command products for many years - and have been generally quite happy about them. However, this product (or maybe the box I purchased) is very defective. Two defects:
(1) Out of 6 hooks in the box, 3 broke after using for 6 months.
(2) I bought a replacement set, but this time I went for the Designer Hooks (17081-8ES), as they seemed sturdier. However, while removing the old Utility hooks, the strip tore for two of them. Now there is nothing to pull. If I try to remove the old mounting bases forcefully, they will take away the paint from the wall (it did so when I tried in one).
This is very disappointing quality from 3M.
I had heard really good news about Command hooks, so I went to the store to buy some. When I put them up they wouldn't stick to my walls. After I finally got them up, they were pretty nice. Recently I needed to take them down to paint my room. When I tried to pull it off, it took the paint and dry wall off with it! Now I have even more work to do just to fix my room up. I would rather put nails in my wall... they make smaller holes! I'm NEVER using or recommending it to any of my friends!!!!
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question