Check out these related products
- $5.31 Was $5.99Save $0.68
- $6.95 List price $7.99Save $1.04
- $5.64 Was $6.94Save $1.30
- $5.41 Was $5.99Save $0.58
- $16.56 List price $17.95Save $1.39
A Spy On The Home Front: A Molly Mystery
Consider these popular products
- $11.39 List price $18.99Save $7.60
- $63.43 List price $81.20Save $17.77
- $185.92 List price $238.00Save $52.08
- $14.51 List price $18.00Save $3.49
- $70.05 List price $85.00Save $14.95
- $8.07 Was $12.16Save $4.09
- $13.21 List price $17.00Save $3.79
- $5.99 List price $7.99Save $2.00
- $212.22 List price $271.67Save $59.45
- $17.18 List price $25.99Save $8.81
- $66.50 List price $78.95Save $12.45
- $12.76 Was $13.63Save $0.87
- $6.25 Was $6.62Save $0.37
- $138.86 List price $165.45Save $26.59
- $93.05 List price $97.95Save $4.90
- $14.40 Was $15.29Save $0.89
- $15.56 List price $21.00Save $5.44
- $92.23 List price $103.50Save $11.27
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
During a visit to her grandparents' Illinois farm in 1944, ten-year-old Molly tries to prove the innocence of a German-American neighbor whom the FBI suspects of smuggling anti-American propaganda. Includes historical notes about life on the home front in World War II.During a visit to her grandparents' Illinois farm in 1944, ten-year-old Molly tries to prove the innocence of a German-American neighbor whom the FBI suspects of smuggling anti-American propaganda.
During a two-week stay at Grammy and Granpa's farm in the summer of 1944, Molly spends lots of time with her good friend Anna Schulz, the daughter of German immigrants who live on a neighboring farm. When Aunt Eleanor, now a WASP pilot, stops for a visit while ferrying a warplane from one airbase to another, a security check uncovers anti-American propaganda stashed aboard her plane. The FBI interrogates Eleanor but quickly zeroes in on another suspect--Anna's 17-year-old brother Max, who works at the local airfield. Though Anna knows her brother is loyal to America, she fears he'll be sent away to an interment camp as an enemy alien, as other German-American friends have been. Molly and Anna decide that the only way to clear Max is to find the person who is smuggling propaganda. With lots of daring and a little luck, the girls manage to finger the real culprit but they discover that that may not be enough to save Max. In a poignant ending, Molly realizes that wartime, even on the home front, changes friends and family forever.
|Number of Pages:||176|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Tibbles, Jean-Paul , Hart, Alison|
|Series Title:||American Girl Beforever Mysteries|
|Publisher:||Amer Girl Pub|
|Publication Date:||March, 2005|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 6.75 x 0.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.